Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

5 minutes ago, joebean said:

The advert that puts different words to the Madness song "Driving in my Car"... never found out who it is advertising as I switch channels or just turn the radio off to avoid hearing it. Local Radio adverts are bad everywhere but some here are make listening to the radio whilst keeping your temper or sanity, impossible. Having said that, Alex Brindley needs no adverts...

That really is the fucking pits but several ads also try to put the advertiser’s phone number to a “tune”...it makes me want to rip out the spleen of the producer responsible. 

5 hours ago, flaps said:

I really like Christy D on a Sunday afternoon, but had to turn off due to the adverts.

I s'pose we're all different. Not being funny, but I find the adverts the best part of the show. It's either that or Gardeners Question Time on BBC Radio 4.

6 hours ago, gettafa said:

I s'pose we're all different. Not being funny, but I find the adverts the best part of the show. It's either that or Gardeners Question Time on BBC Radio 4.

How are your rhizomes?

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I lasted 27 seconds Dilli and then ripped the spleen out of an innocent elderly gentleman walking his cocker spaniel past my door. Wrong time, wrong place.

5 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I lasted 27 seconds Dilli and then ripped the spleen out of an innocent elderly gentleman walking his cocker spaniel past my door. Wrong time, wrong place.

That is feckin heerendus

15 hours ago, dilligaf said:

5 hours ago, Uhtred said:

8 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

That is feckin heerendus

Yeah, fucking horrendous coming up with an idea to help vulnerable special needs folk memorise a contact phone number. Just a bunch of spaztards anyway, right? 

8 hours ago, Uhtred said:

How are your rhizomes?

Gardeners Question time.

Wtf is that all about? Google and the internet was invented precisely for this sort of bollocks.

Fridays I switch the radio on, and it's Gardeners fucking Question time. Then Sundays too. It has the most pretentious people offering advice who seem to have the most pretentious sounding names: Nicola fucking Flowerdew, and Bunny Warren Guiness™ et al.

So it's BBC Radio 2 for me, but shit, it's Elaine Paige giggling like a rampant hyena.

So Manx Radio it is. Christie Thingummy I can just, just, about manage, but the Manx Radio adverts offer a modicum of calm and consistency.

Yeah, I love weekends me. I'm going down 't pub for a fag and place a bet on the Grandy.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Yeah, fucking horrendous coming up with an idea to help vulnerable special needs folk memorise a contact phone number. Just a bunch of spaztards anyway, right? 

The song, not the idea. Funnily enough I expected you to pop up anytime soon. Can't help yourself can you... :whatever: