Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

On 4/15/2018 at 12:56 AM, Gladys said:

Commonwealth Games coverage - how did you feel?

Outside of following the actual sporting events I found the coverage intensely irritating to be honest. The edited coverage on Twitter has been good but Manx Radio yet again seemed to easily manage to turn it into a corporate wank-fest of tiresome government ‘Team IOM’ drum beating and all the other back slapping smiley faced shite we are forced to watch and listen to when ‘important’ people from government are involved in something. As for Jo Pack she is simply awful.

Edited by Kevmeister
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

That is why I asked how did you feel? It was the most frequent question to competitors.  "So, you got a silver medal, how did you feel?"  "So, your chain came off at the start of the race, how did you feel?"  "So, you improved your PB, how did that make you feel?"

All for open questions , but it was hardly probing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Manx Radio Mandate programme was cut short by half an hour for the Games' reports. I just switched over to BBC Radio 4 Today. I'm interested in the Games and wish everyone competing all the best but frankly, if it can't be covered in the news with a report that someone won a medal or broke a personal best or whatever, I'm not interested.

That sort of thing is precisely what Twitter is for, or Facebook.

Edited by gettafa

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

That is why I asked how did you feel? It was the most frequent question to competitors.  "So, you got a silver medal, how did you feel?"  "So, your chain came off at the start of the race, how did you feel?"  "So, you improved your PB, how did that make you feel?"

All for open questions , but it was hardly probing.

She’s probably gearing up for an equally insightful TT

”So the father of your children got wiped out at 200mph, how did you feel?” 

• Haha 1

On the other hand, a very interesting interview of the female rower today.  She stayed on for the Mannin Line but there were hardly any calls so Roger Watterson kept chatting to her and it turned into a two hour interview.  She was a very good subject and the interview was fascinating.  I don't think he asked her once how she felt being in the middle of the North Atlantic in a rowing boat for over 60 days. 

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Gladys said:

On the other hand, a very interesting interview of the female rower today.  She stayed on for the Mannin Line but there were hardly any calls so Roger Watterson kept chatting to her and it turned into a two hour interview.  She was a very good subject and the interview was fascinating.  I don't think he asked her once how she felt being in the middle of the North Atlantic in a rowing boat for over 60 days. 

She might have said travelling with the Steampacket was good training?  (Actually I have never had a bad experience from the Steampacket. But why let the facts get in the way of.....etc?)

PS I have been tinkering with the lyric of "Waiting for the Robert E Lee" adapted to "Waiting for the Ben My Chree"...Have go and see what you can come up with! 

"See them shuffling along! See that shuffling throng!" etc The banjos are a bit of problem. 

5 hours ago, gettafa said:

, if it can't be covered in the news with a report that someone won a medal or broke a personal best or whatever, I'm not interested.

That sort of thing is precisely what Twitter is for, or Facebook.

Exactly. I remember back in the 90's we used to tweet the local footy results and someone would always put a detailed report on Facebook. Otherwise we would have had to wait for the "Green Final"!

What would we have done without social media back then?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

She might have said travelling with the Steampacket was good training?  (Actually I have never had a bad experience from the Steampacket. But why let the facts get in the way of.....etc?)

PS I have been tinkering with the lyric of "Waiting for the Robert E Lee" adapted to "Waiting for the Ben My Chree"...Have go and see what you can come up with! 

"See them shuffling along! See that shuffling throng!" etc The banjos are a bit of problem. 

tosser.

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Guve him a break, Barrie is in care in the community.  Fortunately, not our community. 

No he is not. he has stolen the place ( in sheltered and subsidised accommodation) of a more deserving bod who has paid all his taxes in the UK, unlike Barry who lived here far too long.

Sponger of the first order. Bullshitter of the second.

We suffered him far too long, believe me.