Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

31 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

I'd bet a large number of those won't be on Spotify, they'll be very limited runs on white label that are just mailed out to jocks and probably only played once. And even then not all the way through. 

So just lots and lots of pieces of round-shaped black flat plastic with a hole in the middle.

11 minutes ago, gettafa said:

So just lots and lots of pieces of round-shaped black flat plastic with a hole in the middle.

Well you can reduce anything to its constitute parts and make it seem insignificant to people who don't already see the significance. 

"Football is just some men chasing an inflated plastic globe."

"A painting is just a load of pigment on canvas"

"A play is just a load of people dressing up and pretending to be somebody else"

"The TT is just fast traffic"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pongo said:

C0RgPkoWgAA3c6a.jpg

I've never really understood the inconvenience aspect of that meme. You just take a record out of a sleeve, put it on the turntable, and put the needle on the record. 

There's no need to tag mp3s, or create playlists or remember the exact name and spelling of that Korean band you like. When the record ends the music stops, you don't get a continuous stream of songs. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Declan said:

I've never really understood the inconvenience aspect of that meme. You just take a record out of a sleeve, put it on the turntable, and put the needle on the record. 

There's no need to tag mp3s, or create playlists or remember the exact name and spelling of that Korean band you like. When the record ends the music stops, you don't get a continuous stream of songs. 

Yep. It's just a sill cartoon really. 

I like the idea of vinyl in some ways. But I also love white empty space even more.

2 hours ago, pongo said:

Yep. It's just a sill cartoon really. 

I like the idea of vinyl in some ways. But I also love white empty space even more.

I’ve actually got a Kim Jung Mi lp. It’s quite beautiful. 

• Like 1

^ that track is a bit like so many other things which came later in the Britain and the US - but which I cannot imagine were influenced by it.

I like how it's all out of time too in that recording. But perhaps the belt was slipping.