Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

8 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Night entertainment ffs who wants to listen to woman today at 1.00 am a bit of music would have been nice.    Just clueless.

Yes, if I was looking for choice choons late at night I'd not want women talking about local issues either. But unusually perhaps, all my radios can be tuned to dozens of other stations providing that service, leaving Manx Radio to bring a popular daytime show to a different (working) audience.

• Like 1

That's a fair point Stu. After Talking Heads (I know we're not supposed to but I do admit to tuning in now and then) I switch to BBC Radio 4 (it's an Archers/Afternoon Drama thing) and there are occasionally guests on that Women programme that I would have liked to listen to.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1

How many different interviews can you get out of the Chief Minister in one session held last week? Must be before he takes this holiday!

Friday, July 20th - Potential 'slippage' in reaching government aims being addressed

Saturday, July 21st - 'Due process' followed in footpath decision

Monday, July 23rd - Programme for Government on track

Tuesday, July 24th - Chief Minister defends Post Office vote

IoM Government must just love all these messages from our leader! Nothing critical, just Howard giving us a daily chat. Usually repeated in the lunchtime slot as well. Manx Radio newsroom really do live up to their name as the 'state' media news station sometimes!

1 hour ago, WKRP said:

How many different interviews can you get out of the Chief Minister in one session held last week? Must be before he takes this holiday!

Friday, July 20th - Potential 'slippage' in reaching government aims being addressed

Saturday, July 21st - 'Due process' followed in footpath decision

Monday, July 23rd - Programme for Government on track

Tuesday, July 24th - Chief Minister defends Post Office vote

IoM Government must just love all these messages from our leader! Nothing critical, just Howard giving us a daily chat. Usually repeated in the lunchtime slot as well. Manx Radio newsroom really do live up to their name as the 'state' media news station sometimes!

In fairness there are only so many gangland turf wars, terrorist attacks and mass murders in the IOM you can cover every bulletin before people get news fatigue. I expect there'll be much more government good news each day if the select committee has its way in October. Interestingly, I had Energy on in the car at 3pm and was initially confused by their news lead story about public sector pay rises. Then realised it was UK news so switched to 3FM (I'd already heard the 2pm on Manx). Exactly the same news feed from London. So much for 'plurality of media' which was one of the few justifications for licensing the two newer stations.

For the avoidance of doubt (etc) this is an entirely personal opinion and I'm not speaking for M.R. (yada yada)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

In fairness there are only so many gangland turf wars, terrorist attacks and mass murders in the IOM you can cover every bulletin before people get news fatigue. I expect there'll be much more government good news each day if the select committee has its way in October. Interestingly, I had Energy on in the car at 3pm and was initially confused by their news lead story about public sector pay rises. Then realised it was UK news so switched to 3FM (I'd already heard the 2pm on Manx). Exactly the same news feed from London. So much for 'plurality of media' which was one of the few justifications for licensing the two newer stations.

For the avoidance of doubt (etc) this is an entirely personal opinion and I'm not speaking for M.R. (yada yada)

so why the sky news on manx radios website.....

how much does that cost......

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WTF said:

one   'wafer thin mint' should do it.

In the upper photo there’s a size 1 head on a size 27 body. Seriously, this porky tub of lard was the fucking Health Minister for Chrissakes...did he ever actually read any of the leaflets about diet and exercise? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1