Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Give Stu his due - at least he doesn't censor txts and emails, and will read everything out that is sent to the programme (within obvious reason) .

There are quite a few on Manx Radio, including morning Mandate, who seem to be ever conscious of who their ultimate paymaster is and are careful to only read out happy clappy correspondence that toes the IoM Gov corporate line, or indeed complies with their own personal agenda,

That is censorship at it's very worst.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Give Stu his due - at least he doesn't censor txts and emails, and will read everything out that is sent to the programme (within obvious reason) .

There are quite a few on Manx Radio, including morning Mandate, who seem to be ever conscious of who their ultimate paymaster is and are careful to only read out happy clappy correspondence that toes the IoM Gov corporate line, or indeed complies with their own personal agenda,

That is censorship at it's very worst.

Stu seems to have stopped doing that. I’ve assumed it’s a general change of stance by MR now that IOMG isn’t shoveling cash into it at an alarming rate and they’re a bit miffed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Stu seems to have stopped doing that. I’ve assumed it’s a general change of stance by MR now that IOMG isn’t shoveling cash into it at an alarming rate and they’re a bit miffed. 

well fuck them,privatise and save a million + a year.

• Like 1

TT 2019 radio contract up for tender. They’ll all crying their eyes out about it. Guess what, even worse than a gofundme page is a change.org page.  

Any chance of getting rid of MW for TT?

i hope something like Atlantic 252 get the contract  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gizo said:

TT 2019 radio contract up for tender. They’ll all crying their eyes out about it. Guess what, even worse than a gofundme page is a change.org page.  

Hopefully the self appointed spokesperson for the IOM might disappear up her own arse now.......

16 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Atlantic 252 were ace back in the 80s

Are they still around as I’ve not heard of them for many years?

19 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Atlantic 252 were ace back in the 80s

Are they still around as I’ve not heard of them for many years?

Only lasted a few year from 90 on, then turned into a horse racing channel, no idea now as i've never tuned in since.