Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Ok, lets allow a few FACTS in here that will probably spoil the fun for all those who really do (DUH), genuinely believe that Manx Radio broadcasters, full time and  those on what have been referred to as on 'salubrious' freelance contracts earn 'loads a money'

I have a relative who does a four hour show which takes another 2 hours to programme, total 6 hours. Her freelance fee...£75....

Not gonna get rich any time soon is she.

£75 divided by 6 = £12.50 ph !

Sorry to spoil your fun an all that.

Edited by Sentience
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think there must be some truth in the matter that when the presenters went from staff to freelance it must have been a very good offer. I mean look...all the same presenters doing the same shows for years and years. Maybe a few changes might freshen things up Mr Brindley?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, WKRP said:

I think there must be some truth in the matter that when the presenters went from staff to freelance it must have been a very good offer. I mean look...all the same presenters doing the same shows for years and years. Maybe a few changes might freshen things up Mr Brindley?

Or maybe there are not that many alternative openings for daytime presenters here that anyone could afford to mount a high horse? My deal is great - I get all the subvention.

33 minutes ago, p3t3 said:

As if anyone does 2 hours prep for Manx radio, its mostly adverts and music.

I do 2 hours prep for a 2 hour show every day - some do more, some less. If it was as easy as you think no doubt you could do it and show us all where we're going wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, p3t3 said:

As if anyone does 2 hours prep for Manx radio, its mostly adverts and music.

If I had to do 2 hours prep to present on Manx Radio it would probably be coke. Only that way might you convince yourself that it’s all not unbelievably shit and third rate. 

47 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Or maybe there are not that many alternative openings for daytime presenters here that anyone could afford to mount a high horse? My deal is great - I get all the subvention.

I do 2 hours prep for a 2 hour show every day - some do more, some less. If it was as easy as you think no doubt you could do it and show us all where we're going wrong.

They couldn’t do two hours prep Stu because their meds wouldn’t allow them ...