Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

3 hours ago, Gagster said:

Depends what the issue is, but will affect most people at work if it’s significant.  I can’t imagine it’s easy to drive/walk to work, then actually work.  If rest is needed, then rest is needed; if regular movement is needed, sat in a studio probably isn’t good either.

What about working from home ( an outside / inside broadcast ) ?

It took me an hour, carpet rash and most of my fingernails to get to the bathroom on Saturday night, which is 6 feet from my bedroom . I was so immobilised by pain I almost wet the bed rather than endure it. It took me another 30 minutes to get back into bed. Having suffered similar symptoms every couple of years for the last thirty, and having spent fortunes on physiotherapists and chiropractors who only made it worse, I know that the answer is bed rest for a couple of days.

Could I do the show from home? Not really, I'd need an ISDN line as VOIP introduces too much latency for a phone-in, and it would be a faff redirecting emails and texts, and there'd still have to be someone tech operating at Broadcasting House. Listened to a bit with Andy deputising today and realised the next comments here will probably be how much better at it he is than me, so I didn't pull a sickie lightly.

ETA: Feeling much better today, thanks. Slept for a couple of hours sitting upright on the sofa last night and that seemed to ease the problem significantly. And I've told Stormy that the reverse piledriver is off the menu in future...

Edited by Stu Peters
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

It took me an hour, carpet rash and most of my fingernails to get to the bathroom on Saturday night, which is 6 feet from my bedroom . I was so immobilised by pain I almost wet the bed rather than endure it. It took me another 30 minutes to get back into bed. Having suffered similar symptoms every couple of years for the last thirty, and having spent fortunes on physiotherapists and chiropractors who only made it worse, I know that the answer is bed rest for a couple of days.

Could I do the show from home? Not really, I'd need an ISDN line as VOIP introduces too much latency for a phone-in, and it would be a faff redirecting emails and texts, and there'd still have to be someone tech operating at Broadcasting House. Listened to a bit with Andy deputising today and realised the next comments here will probably be how much better at it he is than me, so I didn't pull a sickie lightly.

ETA: Feeling much better today, thanks. Slept for a couple of hours sitting upright on the sofa last night and that seemed to ease the problem significantly. And I've told Stormy that the reverse piledriver is off the menu in future...

I trust that's Ms Daniels?

Are you getting muscular back spasms? I've only had one and when I tried to get up I found myself blacking out from the pain. My one and only ambulance trip to the hozzie as a patient. They had to give me three lots of morphine over an hour to get me on the stretcher. Very inefficient really as the local dealer sold a much better product...

ETA if it took you an hour to get to the bathroom how did you get on the throne?

Edited by P.K.

Back pain is crippling and there seems to be no cure for some.   I hope it settles down soon.    Have you any idea at all what sets it off ?     I from time to time get sciatica, not in the halfpenny places of dreadful back pain but figured out what set it off and now after attending the NHS physiology can ease it by finding the exact spot it radiates from and rotating a tennis ball over it, crazy but it works.   Apparently my pain is caused by the muscle tensing over the nerve which has been affected and the pressure of the ball, you have to press hard and it hurts, dispenses the tension. Obviously there are many kinds of back pain from disc troubles to numerous reasons.    For me it was realizing if I drag anything really heavy I can expect trouble.      Hoping you make a good recovery very soon.

17 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Just as amatter of intrest, what is your view on internet radio stations, the likes of https://live365.com/

On 10/9/2018 at 1:15 AM, Stu Peters said:

Tried Valium? Great for stopping back spasms.