Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

6 hours ago, overCome said:

“Rantings of a bloke in the pub”, or  Opinion of a stakeholder? Maybe one of the 5300 weekly listeners who have turned away from MR in the last year?

Respectfully, Stu, as from your posts you come across as one of the good guys, you can’t escape the fact that if the current audience decline continues, in 3 years there will be nobody left!

I’ll correct one statement from WKRP - rajar counts in chunks of 15 mins, not an hour.

I think the "Womens Hour" program which always seems to be about saddness, in some shape or form should be dropped, it is depressing.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

I think the "Womens Hour" program which always seems to be about saddness, in some shape or form should be dropped, it is depressing.

They’ve got 100,000 years or so of emancipation to get off their chest. Could be a while yet. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, overCome said:

Also, just looking at the audience our annual gift of 875,000 is buying.  And it would appear it's costing us all 25% more per listening hour than last year.

Year on year (Q1 2017 to Q1 2018), they've lost a quarter of their total listening hours.  That's a HUGE drop.  

The annual report claims their audience has been "predominantly static".  Sorry, I'm calling Bull. Q1 2017 posted total hours listened as 410,000.  Q1 2018 - 302,000.

5300 fewer weekly listeners and market share falling through the floor.  That, is not, 'predominantly static', it's bl**dy disastrous!

As a comparison, the Rajar website shows 3fm's total hours for Q1 2018 as being 245,000 with weekly listeners of 27000 vs MR's 31,900.

Might need to rewrite that Nation Station slogan soon

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 20.38.37.png

If you look at the Q2 2018 figures from RAJAR, they show a very small recovery (probably just random variation) , but nothing like a recovery to 2017 levels even: 307,000[1] total hours with 46% reach.  So it doesn't seem to be getting worse, but the lost of a quarter of their 2017 listening seems to have continued.  It may be a change in methodology, but it's a big contrast to the more gradual decline in the reach, which is the sort of thing you might expect with this sort of legacy media.  There really needs to be some explanation for what is happening and if and why people are listening to Manx Radio a lot less than they did last year.

[1]  There's a lot of 'spurious accuracy' in the figures in Manx Radio report.  There's no way that their decimal points are meaningful in the above.

21 hours ago, LightBulb said:
21 hours ago, Gizo said:

They’ve got 100,000 years or so of emancipation to get off their chest. Could be a while yet. 

Isn`t womans hour being a bit" sextest" ?

I heard a few minutes of Women Today, yesterday, or maybe the day before and one of the topics was about a call to change the words "woman" and "women" to

"womxn"  WTAF 

Someone also pointed out that as a female was called a woman, maybe male policemen and firemen should be called policewomen and firewomen. :o

27 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I heard a few minutes of Women Today, yesterday, or maybe the day before and one of the topics was about a call to change the words "woman" and "women" to

"womxn"  WTAF 

Someone also pointed out that as a female was called a woman, maybe male policemen and firemen should be called policewomen and firewomen. :o

what's wrong with dykes or slags.......

43 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:30 AM, hissingsid said:

Have you any idea at all what sets it off ?    

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:10 AM, Stu Peters said:

A quick mental walk through the building

own worst enemy.

Crawl back under your stone.

• Thanks 1