Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Hey Stu, what was it with that self-valediction on Mandate on Friday. I'd hardly heard of the lad, and yet he gave an histrionic philosophical good bye, complete with a long piece of music at the end. The lad is only stepping across the office to be paid by the BBC.

Have you all got your on-air good bye speeches worked out? I blame Jonathan Ross, that ginger twanny Chris Evans and all the rest of them, egoed out on their self-importance.

That’s the nature of the sort of people who become radio djs. You’ve got to be full of your own self importance to imagine people want to listen to what you did at the weekend and your opinions on traffic and the bake-off for two hours every day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, hissingsid said:

It is great having a break from Howard Caine stumbling and mumbling through the news, hope his trip to Japan is a long one.

Fucking hell.  Looking forward to him pronouncing every single foreign name in a Japanese accent on his return then.

P.S. Who has left?

Edited by Chef Raekwon
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Declan said:

That’s the nature of the sort of people who become radio djs. You’ve got to be full of your own self importance to imagine people want to listen to what you did at the weekend and your opinions on traffic and the bake-off for two hours every day. 

Nothing like you on here then eh ?:ph34r:

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Declan said:

Bit like on here really...:whistling:

• Like 1

Alex Bell and Catherine Nicoll (my old producer) have left MR News and gone to the BBC, which may have an office at Broadcasting House but is completely self-contained and funded through the TV License fee rather than commercial activity and an IOMG subvention.

As to long farewell speeches, I expect mine will be short, pithy and not the kind of thing that will involve serving out a significant period of notice. Or maybe instead I'll have been shot in the head by my teenage lover's husband and you'll all have to say nice things about me for a bit (but not using the word 'delusional' please).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1