Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

9 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Whatever happened about that story from a while back that Manx Radio were selling advertising much cheaper than their rivals, the insinuation being that they could do so because of the subvention?

Link?

11 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

...............? don't understand your comment, don't need sky, I have freesat and freeview..............and would'nt miss BBC propaganda..........

But what's to stop those platforms blocking IOM residents from BBC services. In any case, BBC is much more than what is delivered to the telly in the corner of your front room. It's catch up facilities on line, website, radio streaming and radio broadcasts are of increasing importance. It's this access that we are in danger of losing. 

12 hours ago, pongo said:

No. The BBC services are delivered free to air via SES. Sky could take them off their EPG - but customers could still manually add the BBC services or just use a non Sky box. Provided a customer is within the footprint of the satellite they can receive the BBC.

wrong......

12 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

no, I'm not....

they are paying for a local political reporter who has a show on Manx Radio but not the subvention that comes out of our taxes. Did you read the report and the rest of this thread.......

it isn't.......

wrong.......

11 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

...............? don't understand your comment, don't need sky, I have freesat and freeview..............and would'nt miss BBC propaganda..........

you wouldn't have freeview any more.......

14 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

The thing is ,the BBC is shit, the BBC gets loads of money Manx Radio is shit, Manx Radio gets stupid money, yet even old people hate it, if radio or tv have a future then it should be one without taxation let the audience pay if they have one.

14 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Charlie - I thought you'd cut down on the drugs and foolishness. The only shit is in your brains.

Is It Just Me or Is Everything Shit

4 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Link?

Its on page 3 of the select committee second report which is on the Tynwald agenda for 20 Nov. If you can't find it yourself, wind your neck in.

If you do find it, your attention span may of course prevent you from reaching page three, given that there's no colouring in for you on pages one or two.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Its on page 3 of the select committee second report which is on the Tynwald agenda for 20 Nov. If you can't find it yourself, wind your neck in.

If you do find it, your attention span may of course prevent you from reaching page three, given that there's no colouring in for you on pages one or two.

As none of my comments are aimed at you, why do you feel the need to speak on behalf of Teapot? He's the one that wants unequivocal proof

Remember when the government stole money from the BBC licence fee payers.. and gave it to Manx Radio?  

Fund the whole thing from the TV licence fee, keep the output and freelance DJs and TT coverage on AM now the aerial is fixed at Foxdale, scrap the advertisements.  

It’s pennies of spend in relation to the fee income, the other stations can take on the ads for Motor Sprawl’s constant savings schemes, aqua tread mills at the vets, the 4 Chinese banks, IKEA, Halfords, Lidl and all the other business clambering over themselves to get open here.

• Like 2