Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:
3 hours ago, KERED said:

From MR, this evening:

MHK backs new plan for silt disposal

A lack of annual maintenance would have prevented the build up of Peel harbour.

Is that a joke ?

I was referring to the last line of text.

I thought maybe that was taken from the MR page with the error.

Or maybe it was Kered's error.

57 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Or the buffoon who sent 40 motorcycles and a fast car with coppers in on a collision course - there's some right beauties out there.....

Isn't there another thread where this has been discussed, or are you just going to spout your uninformed comments where ever I post? 

2 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

That's not what that said earlier today. It did indeed say "A lack of annual maintenance would have prevented the build up of Peel harbour".

Yes,thanks, Hammy. That was how  it was originally, both on air,and on the web page. They have since corrected it on the web page. However, she still read the incorrect version on the 11pm news. (this is because it is pre-recorded, so it wasn't corrected)

• Haha 1

If you are reading something on air then surely, if you are conscious, you would realise that a sentence you are reading is incorrect, as in the example about Peel Harbour above. Obviously, a lack of maintenance would NOT have improved matters. So you wouldn't just read it out parrot fashion. You would intervene like a sentient being and correct it. Unless they are all so bored that they don't even pay attention to what they are putting out. In the past I've seen government press releases with spelling and errors of meaning that are later published on air and in the newspapers with exactly the same errors. Nobody cares.

• Like 1