Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

26 minutes ago, Declan said:

So what was the Baker amendment that looks like it will win at next Tynwald. 

I wouldn’t ask but our Public Service Broadcaster didn’t think it worth mentioning  - 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/public-service-media-debate-outcome-delayed/

You can find it here Tynwald have handily started posting the amendments online. 

8 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Asking for a "journalist's" source is pretty shocking surely Guard understands that given Manx Radio are supposed to have real journalists working for them?

That’s the bit that astounded me, also he brought off the record conversations on the record. 

Thanks for the Tynwald link. I did look at the Tynwald site too, but they don’t put amendments on there and the rolling hansard wasn’t up to date. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Asking for a "journalist's" source is pretty shocking surely Guard understands that given Manx Radio are supposed to have real journalists working for them?

Clearly he is horrified by the idea that they might be employing any.

It's another brilliant example of the Manx Establishment at its arrogant finest.  Any accusation of wrong-doing is met, not with an attempt to find out what happened or even denial, but with "Who told you that?" and the implication that whoever did ought to be punished.  Everything must be personally motivated, as with the accusations against Moulton of bias.  They simply can't understand that any criticism might be justified or even needs to be investigated, because they know that anything they do is by definition perfect.  Anyone who disagrees must therefore be malicious and driven by personal spite.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Clearly he is horrified by the idea that they might be employing any.

It's another brilliant example of the Manx Establishment at its arrogant finest.  Any accusation of wrong-doing is met, not with an attempt to find out what happened or even denial, but with "Who told you that?" and the implication that whoever did ought to be punished.  Everything must be personally motivated, as with the accusations against Moulton of bias.  They simply can't understand that any criticism might be justified or even needs to be investigated, because they know that anything they do is by definition perfect.  Anyone who disagrees must therefore be malicious and driven by personal spite.

He’s a killer queen ... 

I really feel Charles Guard acted in a way that shows absolutely no respect for Moulton. It appears Paul had all the accusations sprung on him at once.  Asking for a journalist's source and then bring off the record conversations into the interview is really very poor and I think Charles ought to apologise. Just shows the establishment don't like getting questioned 1 bit

• Like 2