Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Thanks Woolley as a non listener this is quite damning for a breakfast show, every breakfast show in the world repeatedly reports at least weather, travel info every 20 odd minutes. As a 10 minute radio listener in the car each day, tuned to energy they tell me weather, travel info for road, sea and air. Not bad for a non state funded station, and it’ll play a modern tune too. It’s not hard to do. 

I'm sorry that Woolley (a reasonable contributor) felt let down. I'm rarely up at that time these days, but suspect he tuned in 5 minutes after Chris provided all that information and turned off a few minutes before it was all repeated.

Gizo - are you talking about the same time range? I know that when I presented Mandate we had news at 7.30, 8.00 and 8.30am with a full live weather briefing at 8.10 and a couple of runs at traffic and travel, all within the hour that most people need that kind of information. There's a balance between too much of it and not enough, depending on your personal circumstances.

On 1/22/2019 at 12:51 PM, piebaps said:

The tea chest today was the Vapors - Turning Japanese

Not at about 0640 it wasn't. It was, as I said, something that was number 35 in 1987 but reached number 1 in the US - according to CW. Perhaps there is more than one tea chest in the day. I think there is one after 0900 too.

21 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I'm sorry that Woolley (a reasonable contributor) felt let down. I'm rarely up at that time these days, but suspect he tuned in 5 minutes after Chris provided all that information and turned off a few minutes before it was all repeated.

Gizo - are you talking about the same time range? I know that when I presented Mandate we had news at 7.30, 8.00 and 8.30am with a full live weather briefing at 8.10 and a couple of runs at traffic and travel, all within the hour that most people need that kind of information. There's a balance between too much of it and not enough, depending on your personal circumstances.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Stu, although I am sure there are those who disagree. :D

I am happy to accept that what you say might have been the case. As constructive criticism then, I would suggest that even just 30 seconds to a minute's run down every 10 to 15 minutes between 6 and 9am of main points of weather, road conditions, boat and flight (on time or delayed) details would be a useful and generally appreciated service. I don't think that would be over intrusive if it is considered that we can abide 2 x 3 minute ad blocks and a Port Jack Chippy promotion within just 20 minutes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woolley said:

Not at about 0640 it wasn't. It was, as I said, something that was number 35 in 1987 but reached number 1 in the US - according to CW. Perhaps there is more than one tea chest in the day. I think there is one after 0900 too.

Probably,  I Just Died in Your Arms by Cutting Crew. 

Manx Radio seem obsessed with it. 

25 minutes ago, Declan said:

Probably,  I Just Died in Your Arms by Cutting Crew. 

Manx Radio seem obsessed with it. 

Nah it wasn't that. I thought Died in your arms was a decent track actually.

If I'd realised it was going to become a "thing" I'd have made a note of what it was!

I even went here https://onlineradiobox.com/im/manxfm/playlist/

to see if I could find it for you, but obviously they gave as much info on this as they did on the travel............. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woolley said:

If I'd realised it was going to become a "thing" I'd have made a note of what it was!

I even went here https://onlineradiobox.com/im/manxfm/playlist/

Made me smile. MF at its finest with an unintentional thread derail and without some of the childish name calling by the usual suspects.

On 1/20/2019 at 4:03 PM, gettafa said:

When Brian Stowell stopped doing the Sunday morning show they thrust in Phil Gawne because he speaks some Manx and has a high pitched whiney whinnying voice, like what they have at the Young Farners sketches. He is well nestled in with the establishment (yes @piebaps there is such a thing as an 'establishment' in this context, more so on the Isle of Man) and so he was the choice. Expect more and more and more ad infinitum.

its a case of 'better him in the tent pissing out that burning some other unrelated tent', well done manx radio another crackpot under control.

• Haha 1