Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

So a Facebook group today saying Manx Radio might have lost the TT contract as they have changed the name on their website away from TT to motorsports 

At this late stage I can’t see anyone else getting it. This should have been sorted months ago!

On 1/28/2019 at 11:06 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Of course most presenters are freelances now, unless they're also management.  However I have no knowledge of what happened in this case, but must warn you that "left to pursue other opportunities" invariably translates in Manx Government-speak as "had to leave in a hurry after some dreadful row or doing something so dreadful that even they couldn't even promote them out of the way".  So maybe you ought to rephrase it (or not).

Yes, a company I worked for had the habit of saying, "will be working on special projects" prior to "pursuing other interests outside of the business". 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WKRP said:

So a Facebook group today saying Manx Radio might have lost the TT contract as they have changed the name on their website away from TT to motorsports 

At this late stage I can’t see anyone else getting it. This should have been sorted months ago!

You sound disappointed ? Never mind though, I'm sure you will find plenty more to knock Manx Radio for eh ? (dog with a stick)

• Haha 1

They have been banging on about the proposed marina with some help from Wilf...now the wildlife preservation lot have started, may offend a lesser spotted tit or inhibit the growth of some unknown weed.    Wildlife as in birds and bees and other creepy crawlers will move if someone moves onto their patch there are plenty of places for them to go by hey anything at all to discourage any entrepreneur to invest in a project that is costing the tax payer sweet f.a. and could actually create jobs and opportunities.    

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Manx Radio doing a programme about Manx Gas just now. Ex MHK David Quirk is getting a bit of a (self-imposed?) kicking, from when he was chairman of  the Office of Fair Trading (OFT).

MHKs inevitably find lots of new and interesting friends when they join the Tynwald club -  people who have lots of money and don't smell quite the same as the people who were being begged for their vote just a short time ago.

Suddenly there are all manner of people wanting to take them out to lunch and bolster their eager egos and inflated sense of worth.

And the foolish ones lose sight of the people who put them there.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 2