Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

I'm still struggling with the fact that taxpayers are stepping up another £100k to broadcast the races.

Is there any other sporting event in the world where the organiser pays the broadcaster as opposed to the other way round?

Plus the Radio TT ad revenues should have been enough to offset the costs of broadcasting. Even the commentary (of a poor standard in my view) is predominantly done by existing MR news staff on existing AM transmitter.

What a joke.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gizo said:

What core audience is using AM? 

I have always found those Manx Radio ear pieces very useful and have no problem. They are AM.
It's just blokes shouting pseudo-excitedly down a microphone and motorbikes making a noise. AM is fine. 

12 minutes ago, Twitch said:

I'm still struggling with the fact that taxpayers are stepping up another £100k to broadcast the races.

Is there any other sporting event in the world where the organiser pays the broadcaster as opposed to the other way round?

Plus the Radio TT ad revenues should have been enough to offset the costs of broadcasting. Even the commentary (of a poor standard in my view) is predominantly done by existing MR news staff on existing AM transmitter.

What a joke.

We need to check out who gets what and who has rights to what in the contract before accepting that viewpoint.

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

FLF - I expect you also think brain surgery can be done with a spoon...after all, who really needs 7 years med school and aseptic technique?

Here we go again, delusions of grandeur from Mr Peters! 

Anyone with the knowledge of and passion for the TT can commentate on it. It certainly doesn't require 7 years of training. Commentating on the TT and Brain Surgery - another Classic! Keep them coming, Stu. Keep them coming! 

Twitch is right - Manx Radio TT has a very poor standard of commentary. Where does the £100k go?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Anyone with the knowledge of and passion for the TT can commentate on it. It certainly doesn't require 7 years of training. Commentating on the TT and Brain Surgery - another Classic! Keep them coming, Stu. Keep them coming! 

Twitch is right - Manx Radio TT has a very poor standard of commentary. Where does the £100k go?

You keep opening your mouth and changing feet, don't you?

2 hours ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

You are aware that MR is apparently an emergency service. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

"Here comes a guy on a bike"

"His name is ......."

"There he goes"

Repeat

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus
  • Haha 2

By the time they got around to announcing the emergency it would be over.......and if the mumbling one was on duty it would definitely be a non event, although the Radio Doctor stills holds the trophy for most indistinguishable voice followed by the weather man from overseas.

5 minutes ago, MrPB said:

The bit I didn’t get listening to that is that he harps on about how successful the DfE has been in raising revenue from sponsors (ie, screwing people for using the TT brand and for TT sponsorship packages) and then he says in the same breath that MR is seeing a drop in advertising. Has he ever considered the DfE might be stealing TT revenue off Manx Radio in its attempt to justify their own jobs? 

Sorry it is an increase around 122% to the Taxpayers in two years.

• Like 1