Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

4 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Sure i'd be nervous first show. But i'd just remind myself that there were less than 100 people listening, half of them senile with no choice. I've done bigger gigs as king herod at jurby school.

And no matter how shite the show is, the taxpayers will be there to bail it out. A truly win win win situation as a radio 'presenter'. 

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

British Touring Car Championship

Ah, I guess they pay ITV to cover their event because it's tiny and they need to boost its profile via advertising.

The question is if the TT is such small potato that even the local radio needs to be paid to cover it, then why are the government spending millions per year running it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Because they claim that the visitor spend of the 30k fans who come to watch it provides a healthy shot in the arm for the local economy and enables some small businesses to operate year round providing employment etc etc.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:18 PM, LightBulb said:

He is the voice of the tt and will rightly be revered in 20 years time, a bit like Jeff Cannell and Peter Kneale.

Geoff Cannell and Peter Kneale knew about the TT and knew about bikes and through this they gained respect. They didn't get their notoriety by schoolboyishly talking suggestively to the riders about masturbation and pretending not to egg them on to use foul language on the air, and being laddishly 'naughty'.

7 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Because they claim that the visitor spend of the 30k fans who come to watch it provides a healthy shot in the arm for the local economy and enables some small businesses to operate year round providing employment etc etc.

Should be plenty of advertising opportunities for Manx Radio.

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Tony mepham's alright, i don't want to be hyper critical of a potential future colleague but there's no way he should be getting more than a million and a half a year for that footie show. It's outrageous

People get more for less.

3 hours ago, huddstud said:

Geoff Cannell and Peter Kneale knew about the TT and knew about bikes and through this they gained respect. They didn't get their notoriety by schoolboyishly talking suggestively to the riders about masturbation and pretending not to egg them on to use foul language on the air, and being laddishly 'naughty'.

And now we have Jo Pack, who knows an awful lot about .. Jo Pack .. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, display name said:
2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

And now we have Jo Pack, who knows an awful lot about .. Jo Pack .. 

The incomparable Jo Pack. 

I like Jo Pack and think she is knowledgeable and easy on the ear. I think she does a good job, not that I follow the TT  ( :ph34r: )