Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

14 minutes ago, Declan said:

(Although it does stem from the absurd position that that the government are subsidising the races and paying it's broadcasting wing for coverage, whilst telling us it is massive for the economy.)

Among the daily diet of utter nonsense served up by the IOM Government - usually by head waiter Thomas - you’ve identified a good one to shine a light on the curious economic theory that seem to apply only in a bubble around this Island.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Declan said:

Not really, if the Government is paying Manx Radio to provide the commentary, it seems reasonable that the advertising from that commentary is goes back to the government. Also why should Manx Radio effectively advertise itself for free during the races. 

(Although it does stem from the absurd position that that the government are subsidising the races and paying it's broadcasting wing for coverage, whilst telling us it is massive for the economy.)

Govt dept A pays Govt dept B to provide a service, any income from this service in Govt dept B must go back to Govt dept A. 

Sounds like a challenge to all members of the public and all visitors....whoever gets interviewed over the TT period...or if you see any roving reporters anywhere you have to say 'I love Manx Radio TT'  as loudly and as often as possible....together we can try to get it mentioned as much as possible..that will pi55 the Gov idiots off ! :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/20/2019 at 9:36 PM, Derek Flint said:

Applications are invited to tender for the 2020 TT broadcasting rights.

Applicants should quote, within their bid, how much they would like Government to pay them.

Although I lost faith a long time ago, I am completely at a loss to see how the hell this works? Is there another major sporting legend where a broadcaster gets paid to lay on the gig?

the next thing will be that the TV rights holder gets paid to do it.

itv4 do get paid for tt coverage.......

out of everyone on the forum you should know........its the same as  your 15 minutes of fame on ttblues......funded by taxpayers......

12 hours ago, woody2 said:

itv4 do get paid for tt coverage.......

out of everyone on the forum you should know........its the same as  your 15 minutes of fame on ttblues......funded by taxpayers......

TT Blues was an independently produced documentary by Raw Cut TV, which was commissioned by ITV 4 following a pitch to them by that company. 

No taxpayers money was harmed in the making of that film.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

TT Blues was an independently produced documentary by Raw Cut TV, which was commissioned by ITV 4 following a pitch to them by that company. 

Some proper bell ends were outed though. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

On 8/4/2016 at 9:27 AM, Bobbie Bobster said:

@Declan That somewhat one-note presentation struck me as well. Might be an indication of some level of editorial control by IoM Gov.

@woody2 I would be obliged if in future you did not cross-quote me across Topics and also refrain from editing and quoting my posts out of context.

Thank you in advance.

On 8/4/2016 at 9:27 AM, Bobbie Bobster said:

@Declan That somewhat one-note presentation struck me as well. Might be an indication of some level of editorial control by IoM Gov. Or less conspiratorially, the production team might be bike fans.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Whoever thought putting a crappy advert on to the tune of the Manx National Anthem is well out of line.

It's a shit anthem and a shit piece of music. It needs some gentle humour injecting into it. Looks like the lads have re-written the words. I shall sing them at St Johns on Tynwald Day.

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 1