Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

28 minutes ago, WKRP said:

So Jane Glover from Arbory Commissioners yet again makes the news.

Quick search of the Manx Radio news site shows an incredible about of PR on Arbory matters especially Laa Columb Killey which every year gets a straight forward free plug/commercial. Should it not be made clear of the connection?

I suspect most people have some form of connection in a small Island - hence the frequent hints at corruption and sweetheart deals. This one simply means that Arbory matters get an airing - and that's surely not a bad thing. Other authorities have the same opportunity to promulgate they bidness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WKRP said:

So Jane Glover from Arbory Commissioners yet again makes the news.

Quick search of the Manx Radio news site shows an incredible about of PR on Arbory matters especially Laa Columb Killey which every year gets a straight forward free plug/commercial. Should it not be made clear of the connection?

Ahhhh I see.It was a news job you were turned down for

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

Plus Manx Radio have an ever open direct line to Arbory Commissioners in the form of convicted Manx terrorist Phil Gawne.

Or the fact the News editor is married to a Arbory commissioner 

7 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Or the fact the News editor is married to a Arbory commissioner 

I was just terribly impressed that they managed to find someone in Arbory Parish (Chair of the Commissioners, Stephen Gawne; Clerk to the Commissioners, Phil Gawne; Captain of the Parish, Ray Gawne) who had a different surname.  It's Manx Radio, so I wasn't expecting in-depth investigations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2019 at 6:14 PM, Gagster said:

Yes, the figures have been falling for a couple of years:

Quarter 2: 47,000

Quarter 3: 45,000

Quarter 4: 43,000

Quarter 1: 42,000

Quarter 2: 36,000

Quarter 3: 35,000

Quarter 4: 37,000

Quarter 1: 37,000

Quarter 2: 34,000

Quarter 3: 35,000

Quarter 4: 34,000

Quarter 1: 32,000

Quarter 2: 32,000

Quarter 3: 32,000

Quarter 4: 29,000

Quarter 1: 30,000

Data source: RAJAR / Ipsos MORI / RSMB

The latest listening figures have been released today, for 2019 Quarter 2.

Manx Radio is still on 30,000 listeners each week.  3FM are on 27,000, increasing from 24,000 in the previous quarter.

Edited by Gagster

Phil Gawne has a lot of very wealthy powerful people looking after him and his family. The family will be well protected.

He pulled all the strings to introduce the huge landowners grants. And the laugh of it is, it was on the back of him whinging to Tynwald that /wincing manx drawl  "we all need food to live and we'll all starve to death if we don't give landowners huge grants."/wincing manx drawl

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gettafa said:

Phil Gawne has a lot of very wealthy powerful people looking after him and his family. The family will be well protected.

He pulled all the strings to introduce the huge landowners grants. And the laugh of it is, it was on the back of him whinging to Tynwald that /wincing manx drawl  "we all need food to live and we'll all starve to death if we don't give landowners huge grants."/wincing manx drawl

And some on these boards say there's no Manx establishment.....

• Like 2

I do regularly and nobody has ever explained to me who they are, what they do and how you become a member.

Getaffa - farming grants have been around for years in various forms. All Gawne did was rip up the last subsidy arrangement and bring in a new one. The budget remained the same (check the gov accounts). Unless of course you have evidence to the contrary.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Getaffa - farming grants have been around for years in various forms. All Gawne did was rip up the last subsidy arrangement and bring in a new one. The budget remained the same (check the gov accounts). Unless of course you have evidence to the contrary.

The Budget was not the same. Phil Gawne as Minister for Ag and Fish brought in recommendations to bring in the same level of support for our farmers with levels at least equivalent to that provided to their European competitors.

Through its passages the words farmer/food producer got changed to landowner, and money values were never mentioned until the Bill had moved like a ratchet past the point of no return. It was a super example of how to push stuff through a parliament, including late sittings etc.

So you are saying it is same money different name. OK.

(You are a member of the establishment and I claim my £5)

• Like 1