Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

3 hours ago, woolley said:

How come? Did he write in to say he "loves the show"?

It was actually a very good plug, although I would question Alex Brindley's show being called popular (I find all that Benny Hill as a schoolboy sort of 'humour'  a bit pathetic).

It pains me to do this, but anyway, here's a clip from the Steve Wright show last week, which featured a local guy who had chosen some tracks:

20190813 Steve Wright Alex Brindley 01.mp3

Edited by gettafa

33 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

What's all this Manx Radio Listen Again / October 2019 bollocks? Are they undergoing another massively expensive rebranding?

When was the last one and how expensive was it?

3 hours ago, parchedpeas said:

Shall we give Alex some credit then? I think we should. It's not my cup of tea, but fair play to him - who else has had a hat-tip from Steve Wright?

What you are saying is very manx. It only benefits  the already super-inflated and teflon coated Alex Brindley ego.

3 hours ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Don't know. But it was shite as it produced the current version of the Nation's loss-making Station. So it was expensive 

Do you ever have anything good to say about anything?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gettafa said:

It was actually a very good plug, although I would question Alex Brindley's show being called popular (I find all that Benny Hill as a schoolboy sort of 'humour'  a bit pathetic).

It pains me to do this, but anyway, here's a clip from the Steve Wright show last week, which featured a local guy who had chosen some tracks:

20190813 Steve Wright Alex Brindley 01.mp3 598.25 kB · 9 downloads

So after the guy from the IOM rang in he quickly googled “Isle of Man” and “Afternoon radio” and Alex’s show came up in the search so that he could pretend that he knew something about the IOM to provide a 5 second relevant sound bite. These radio folk are pretty skilled in emergency content provision. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice one sultan. Steve Wright had mentioned the guy from the Isle of Man and after a couple of records he came out with the quip. It does sound Googlesque and it is very Steve Wright as he does that sort of kidding thing a lot. 

Edited by gettafa

17 hours ago, woolley said:

Radio 3 breathes such rarified air that it has a lot of scope for going downmarket. 

True-ish I suppose, but the approach to music taken by France Musique and other stations such as TSF Jazz seems to be where radio 3 is heading. TSF Jazz is superb, absolutely superb.

Not so much down market (think: Classic FM) rather sideways a bit. They'll get there, maybe it'll take a year or so.

17 hours ago, parchedpeas said:

Shall we give Alex some credit then? I think we should. It's not my cup of tea, but fair play to him - who else has had a hat-tip from Steve Wright?

Alex is keen, enthusiastic and not waiting for a nice pension.

Good luck to him.

14 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Should you be posting on here in work time? 

Kudos to anyone who gets up at that time in the morning to sound that happy. Must be a strain on an off day when you feel like crap and we all have those. 

Edited by woolley
  • Like 4