Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

23 hours ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Don't know. But it was shite as it produced the current version of the Nation's loss-making Station. So it was expensive 

So no facts at all other than you don't know. Perhaps you should get some before badmouthing people. The accounts are publicly available, have you checked them? You could make an FOI request or get your local politician to ask a Tynwald question (it would be better than anything "Gull" has ever asked). Have you tried that?

There are plenty of ways to make this an informed debate and making things up isn't one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/20/2019 at 8:50 AM, Chris Williams said:

I'd like to say something on this topic, but what's the point, you probably wouldn't listen and you wouldn't hear what I had to say anyway as I have a bag on my head.

Why do you have to continually slag off Chris Kinley in public, what has he ever done to you  ?

• 2 weeks later...

Not very inspiring to hear the Manx Radio ‘come back and listen to us in October’ promo thingy, which just has the same DJs introducing  themselves. 

Surely a relaunch has to need new blood, not just pushing the same old knackered and tired chairs around the Titanic?

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, WKRP said:

Not very inspiring to hear the Manx Radio ‘come back and listen to us in October’ promo thingy, which just has the same DJs introducing  themselves. 

Surely a relaunch has to need new blood, not just pushing the same old knackered and tired chairs around the Titanic?

You never give up, do you. ?

1 hour ago, WKRP said:

Not yours though. Remember you were binned off.

• Haha 3

Great to her another female voice on Manx Radio this morning. Sounded good, no shouting at the audience, but talking to them.

Interesting that now makes it three people at the station I think with family government connections:

Sarah Hendy

Beth Espey

William King

17 minutes ago, Declan said:

Isn't that creepy Caine guy related to Daphne?

To quote @hissingsid from three years ago:

Chris Caine is famous for his news reading on Manx Radio, his brother Howard, who mumbles a lot is also on Manx Radio if Daphne gets in expect Manx Radio to get another squillion quid a year and be given all Government announcements....only saying.....and of course do not forget dad the famous Jim who plays the piano on Manx Radio with Chris and Howard on Jazz night.

Small place the Isle of Man.

(Edited to add Chris is Daphne's husband)

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 1

Yep, and "everyone knows everyone else."

I realise the meaning of that but even so it's a load of old bollocks. I can walk down Strand Street, through Marksies and down Athol Street and maybe see 2 people I know. Been in Douglas quarter of a century.

Edited by gettafa