Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

5 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

allows me to have more fun as it's after the watershed.

Put it away Stu.

What about Charlie Wolfe? He was a dark hearted, right wing, populist  bugger! I thing Donalf Trump modeled himself on him???

Will you take a leaf from his book and just switch off anyone who disagrees with you?

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

For the avoidance of doubt (and you know I love a good conspiracy theory) I've not been dropped, sacked or shifted -  the move to the late show was my choice. It suits my odd body clock better (I'm a night owl) and it allows me to have more fun as it's after the watershed. It was what I originally wanted to do 20 years ago when I started knocking on Manx Radio's door - I was always a fan of late night radio in the UK (Stannage, Whale, Dicken et al).

Glad to hear that. I was one of the many who thought you had been dumped on and pushed out of the lunchtime spot, which is pretty much I listen to. I really enjoyed Talking Heads, but it won’t be the same with somebody else doing it as I reckon your humour was spot on for the show. 

I will give your new show a go and on previous form, it will no doubt be good.

All the best:thumbsup:

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

It was what I originally wanted to do 20 years ago when I started knocking on Manx Radio's door - I was always a fan of late night radio in the UK (Stannage, Whale, Dicken et al).

If you manage to pull off a Whale on MR I will doff my cap to you. 

Edited I mean pull off a James Whale style show obviously not pull off a whale. That would just be wrong. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

For the avoidance of doubt (and you know I love a good conspiracy theory) I've not been dropped, sacked or shifted -  the move to the late show was my choice. It suits my odd body clock better (I'm a night owl) and it allows me to have more fun as it's after the watershed. It was what I originally wanted to do 20 years ago when I started knocking on Manx Radio's door - I was always a fan of late night radio in the UK (Stannage, Whale, Dicken et al).

What about the band?

They must be gutted....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I might have to become a fan of late night radio again? Not bothered since Radio Luxembourg days!

• Like 2

The new schedule looks like it has a few new ideas actually.https://ibb.co/VY9Wdb4

Sad the Williams will be finishing so early, but it looks to me that the new 7:30-9:30 breakfast programme with Ben and Alex will be similar in style and feel to some BBC local radio morning shows.  Interesting idea.  Though I can’t see the MHKs being happy about the loss of the traditional ‘Mandate’ hour.

The return on the ‘Mannin Line’ is interesting also, seemed popular back in the day, will be interesting to hear what it will sound like now.

The station needs a bit of a work around as audience has been in decline for the last 2 years or so.  I know people often don’t like change, but it will be worth seeing how this re-shuffle sounds. 

Edited by Gagster
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gagster said:

The new schedule looks like it has a few new ideas actually.

Sad the Williams will be finishing so early, but it looks to me that the new 7:30-9:30 breakfast programme with Ben and Alex will be similar in style and feel to some BBC local radio morning shows.  Interesting idea.  Though I can’t see the MHKs being happy about the loss of the traditional ‘Mandate’ hour.

The return on the ‘Mannin Line’ is interesting also, seemed popular back in the day, will be interesting to hear what it will sound like now.

The station needs a bit of work around as audience has been in decline for the last 2 years or so.  I know people often don’t like change, but it will be worth seeing how this re-shuffle sounds. 

The only problem I see, is that it looks like Andy Wint will be doing the ML. Used to like him way back, but he is a bit of a control freak it seems these days. Only reads out what he wants and cherry picks the callers. ( So I am told)

43 minutes ago, SJR said:

Manx Radio has long been taken over by the Homosexual mafia...Nothing wrong with that unless you are the majority.People have been climbing over each other to get the Breakfast Show.

Welcome to 1939

• Thanks 1