Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

If you manage to pull off a Whale on MR I will doff my cap to you. 

Edited I mean pull off a James Whale style show obviously not pull off a whale. That would just be wrong. 

Clearly a Sperm Whale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Sorry to hear you've been pensioned off to the graveyard shift, Stu.

Is it that you're just stupid, or can you not read? I had the choice of staying on afternoons and chose to move to late nights. 

8 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

I'll believe you, but others wouldn't. 

I believe Stu. Why would he lie? Even if he did lie it would come out through the skeet mill. I just can't understand why the management would acquiesce. Bit like Salah saying he'd rather play for the reserves and Klopp saying "Righto." Makes no sense. You use your prime assets where they can do you most good. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 10:15 PM, Gagster said:

The new schedule looks like it has a few new ideas actually.https://ibb.co/VY9Wdb4

Sad the Williams will be finishing so early, but it looks to me that the new 7:30-9:30 breakfast programme with Ben and Alex will be similar in style and feel to some BBC local radio morning shows.  Interesting idea.  Though I can’t see the MHKs being happy about the loss of the traditional ‘Mandate’ hour.

The return on the ‘Mannin Line’ is interesting also, seemed popular back in the day, will be interesting to hear what it will sound like now.

The station needs a bit of a work around as audience has been in decline for the last 2 years or so.  I know people often don’t like change, but it will be worth seeing how this re-shuffle sounds. 

They should then move Manx Radio into the museum with the TT gallery

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, woolley said:

I believe Stu. Why would he lie? Even if he did lie it would come out through the skeet mill. I just can't understand why the management would acquiesce. Bit like Salah saying he'd rather play for the reserves and Klopp saying "Righto." Makes no sense. You use your prime assets where they can do you most good. 

But Brindley is still on the new schedule

I don't have an up to date RAJAR rating. I haven't booked any ads for a while, so I think they binned me off the list. From memory, I'm pretty sure that the 10pm onward slot is a very small fraction indeed of the lunchtime audience. It's the time when they bung you free adverts to make up your package because they don't sell otherwise. So if Stu trebles the audience there, it won't make any real waves compared to the potential losses of his following on TH. This is not a criticism of Andy Wint. I think he's a good broadcaster, but he is a lot more abrasive than Stu. That might not go down well with folk who are used to a bloke who is more like a comfy old pair of slippers.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

I don't have an up to date RAJAR rating. I haven't booked any ads for a while, so I think they binned me off the list. From memory, I'm pretty sure that the 10pm onward slot is a very small fraction indeed of the lunchtime audience. It's the time when they bung you free adverts to make up your package because they don't sell otherwise. So if Stu trebles the audience there, it won't make any real waves compared to the potential losses of his following on TH. This is not a criticism of Andy Wint. I think he's a good broadcaster, but he is a lot more abrasive than Stu. That might not go down well with folk who are used to a bloke who is more like a comfy old pair of slippers.

If Wint is abrasive then perhaps he’ll tell some of the witless dingbats who call/text to fuck right off with their nonsensical, ill-conceived, tedious and otherwise tawdry and unoriginal ideas and opinions. Just sayin’

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, woolley said:

Whatever the reasons, even if it's Stu's personal preference,  it does seem complacent to move your best talent and audience draw by a country mile from a prime two hours at lunchtime to the radio wilderness of late night. I don't get it. 

Is he the biggest audience draw? He's deeply unpopular on my facebook timeline.

• Like 1

If Stu can genuinely run his own show, be his own man, play his own records, and not be swamped by adverts then I might give him a listen. If management or Brindley have their hand up his back then I won't bother. I've hardly listened to Manx Radio for the last twenty years at least and it will take something decent to get me back.

I wish you all the best for your new show Stu and hope it's the sort of radio you've always wanted to do. Good luck.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I disagree. 

Certainly in respect of 'climate change deniers', Stu Peters provides his opinion but that does not mean that he enjoys support from like minded people. In this respect, many of the replies to the show would appear to be contrary to his opinion.He does provide reasons for his thinking such as Youtube videos or TV shows.  He is not afraid to express his views if it stimulates debate and sensible reaction.

I think Andy Wint might be a bit the same, but he is smug and bone-headed with it.

And the likes of Declan, who is hardly a petrol head, is not going to be adhered to someone who enjoys cars and motoring. 

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1