Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

45 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Treasury Minister to request in Tynwald tomorrow:

"basic public service subvention be increased from £899,830 to a level
of £995,000 plus CPI commencing 1st April 2020"

Should CoMin Radio receive this additional amount of taxpayers money for 1) reducing news & current affairs, & 2) replicating BBC Radio2 on Manx airwaves?

You need to think about how your posts regarding Manx Radio read to the general public. You may think you are a heavyweight on here, but I think most people will think your comments are purely childish.

The only MR haters I have heard are on this forum.

Surprised by some most I’m not,  by who listens to MR. 

If you are switching from MR to Radio 2 you need your head boiled. 

Radio 6 music for me, however the line up isn’t as good as it was. Moving Rad/Mac to weekends is a bad move. For the music aficionados  7pm with Marc Riley... superb. 

12 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You need to think about how your posts regarding Manx Radio read to the general public. You may think you are a heavyweight on here, but I think most people will think your comments are purely childish.

The only MR haters I have heard are on this forum.

The only place I am a heavyweight is on the scales

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

5d92010f0b0bf.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallba

seriously open shirtin' no G

One of the few changes that the new management has made is to reinstate the details of who is actually broadcasting to the nation as well as the news team, along with headshots.  Stu can no longer get away with that daguerreotype he had taken on his way off to the Crimean War.  Unfortunately some genius decide that there must be some sort of corporate uniformity[1] and so they must all wear open-necked plain white shirts in the publicity shot.  There are a few minor acts of rebellion (Glover wears a tie!) but otherwise the result is pretty dreadful.  Those who come off least badly are those with long dark hair like Espey, but really no one looks good in white.

Andy Wint's photo, as you may have already noticed because he's on continuously, makes him look like a Messerschmitd head.  But that's just him not the shirt.

Oddly enough the management and admin staff seem to have managed to exempt themselves from the mugshot lineup, even though you would imagine it would be a good idea to put a face to sales people and so on.  Maybe there isn't enough space on the internet to fit them all in.

[1]  I'm blaming Brindley, who clearly thinks he looks the business in his photo.  He doesn't.