Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Unfortunately some genius decide that there must be some sort of corporate uniformity[1] and so they must all wear open-necked plain white shirts in the publicity shot.  There are a few minor acts of rebellion (Glover wears a tie!) but otherwise the result is pretty dreadful.  Those who come off least badly are those with long dark hair like Espey, but really no one looks good in white.

You could not make Beth look anything other than good whatever you dressed her in. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Treasury Minister to request in Tynwald tomorrow:

"basic public service subvention be increased from £899,830 to a level
of £995,000 plus CPI commencing 1st April 2020"

Should CoMin Radio receive this additional amount of taxpayers money for 1) reducing news & current affairs, & 2) replicating BBC Radio2 on Manx airwaves?

The relaunch was clearly intended to coincide with the Tynwald begging bowl.

Will it backfire?

(answer = no)

On 10/4/2019 at 7:57 PM, the stinking enigma said:

if stu will slip in "and a big hello to all you truckers out there" at some point in his first show he will have my utmost respect until time immermorial if not longer.

I believe it was done

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 10:58 PM, woolley said:

the infrastructure to deliver online is going to need a lot of work and investment if you are proposing to transfer all the current broadcast output/consumption onto it.

Most of what is currently broadcast on old fashioned TV and radio is filler. That's what the old fashioned broadcasting model mostly delivers. Because thousands of channel hours need to be filled up.

All that pointless content is filling up bandwidth which could be better used delivering data. Those frequencies are worth way more than the broadcasters are currently paying for them too.

It's utterly silly the government still subsidising people to play records or host 'phone-ins' on old fashioned radio (ditto TV dancing competitions, soap operas etc etc).

9 hours ago, woolley said:

I note the programme "Moghrey Jedoonee in the Afternoon". With my fantastic English knowledge of Manx Gaelic, I thought that Moghrey Jedoonee meant Sunday Morning. So now we have "Sunday Morning in the Afternoon". Well, it's different, I suppose.

Indeed.  A bit of an error in the new schedule.  Yes, ‘Moghrey’ means morning/before noon - so if the show is now in the afternoon it should be renamed.

All in all though, I think it sounds good.  It needed a refresh, so that is what’s happened today.  I like the ‘Update’ programme, able to hear it on the way home.  One thing I did notice though, I don’t think that the ‘Mannin Line’ had any callers put to air (just read out messages/texts etc).

Edited by Gagster

16 minutes ago, Gagster said:

One thing I did notice though, I don’t think that the ‘Mannin Line’ had any callers put to air (just read out messages/texts etc).

Well the regulars are all dead y’see. If Andy Wint can rustle up a ouija board he’ll be rushed off his feet...not sure that’ll make for great radio though.

• Like 1