Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

8 minutes ago, rodders said:

He read it out verbatim within 5 minutes. He added that he doesn't do requests, only suggestions. 

Not sure if you are just taking the piss, but I worked with Stu Peters many years ago and he was a very sincere and genuine guy who worked in jobs below his skill level to keep the bills paid. I admire his work ethic and wish him the best of luck with his new show.

sorry if you are genuine;)

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

Just now, dilligaf said:

Not sure if you are just taking the piss, but I worked with Stu Peters many years ago and he was a very sincere and genuine guy who worked in jobs below his skill level to keep the bills paid. I admire his work ethic and wish him the best of luck with his new show.

No definately NOT taking the piss. It's a great show with loads of texts and comments which is a continuation of talking heads humour, but without the political side of his previous show. It's going to be show of choice for me. Good shout Dilly.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rodders said:

No definately NOT taking the piss. It's a great show with loads of texts and comments which is a continuation of talking heads humour, but without the political side of his previous show. It's going to be show of choice for me. Good shout Dilly.

Cheers Rodders:thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pongo said:

If you want to hear, ugh, "99 Red Balloons", why not just play it on Spotify or YouTube? No govt money needed.

This is getting silly now. Can u not see the difference?  Why take a girl out when you can stay home with a blow up doll. Same result. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

sorry if you are genuine;)

You're right, dilli. Stu is one of life's triers. When life has knocked him back he got up and did something different. Been involved in various businesses. Never looked for handouts. He's one of the good guys and it makes him a very human, interesting presence on the radio. I still wouldn't allow him to hide away at this time in the schedule. Far and away their best talent, even though I prefer Beth to look at. 

• Like 2

It wasn't me making the request/suggestion I promise  but...I have the 99 Red Balloons LP. I have only met one person who ever had that LP.

When I go out on a Saturday Night I often ask people have they got the 99 Red Balloons LP. 

I keep it with my liver and bacon collection.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1