Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

26 minutes ago, Tempus Fugit said:

sadly yet another casualty of the new schedule,  I used to listen to  the 6pm slot after the news roundup but sadly, no more as that has gone to pot,

and please get rid of all the blasted music bumping away behind all the speaking, it may be hip and trendy but it's getting like an Americal football match  and such a turn-off,  it's  rapidly descending into  an ever decreasing spiral  of mediocrity and could be just any jukebox station up and down the scale.

(if anyone at MR ever reads feedback from former listeners) 

Just imagine the uproar if a new boss at the BBC axed 'The Archers' :angry:

This is the thing - moving Kinley to an evening slot means there are now no local broadcasters in prime time

Or have I missed them?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

This is the thing - moving Kinley to an evening slot means there are now no local broadcasters in prime time

Or have I missed them?

I can't get over how many programmes now have multiple presenters, like a 2 hour slot with 3 in the studio, not very cost effective

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

There is some good stuff going on. I just cannot fathom how it costs so much to run?

23 minutes ago, Tempus Fugit said:

I can't get over how many programmes now have multiple presenters, like a 2 hour slot with 3 in the studio, not very cost effective

The gravy train is only as big as its paymasters (ie the taxpayer) is gullible or apathetic.

This is a classic case of how easy it is to spend other people's money.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1

Sorry Andy, I'd rather you die that I have to listen to the Archers!!! Usually get to the off button before the second bar of the music!

Manx Radio, encrypt it, make it subscription based, see how long it survives.

It doesn't? Well, that shows the support it has?

2 hours ago, NoTail said:

I'm an Archers addict, been off it now for about 15 years. Still think about that cow Schula,  I bet Eddie Grundy is still up to no good. 

Never saw the attraction myself but I did hear that there are a couple of cast members who have been in it from the start. Was that in 1950? Is this true?

53 minutes ago, woolley said:

Never saw the attraction myself but I did hear that there are a couple of cast members who have been in it from the start. Was that in 1950? Is this true?

I reckon Dan must be about 150 years old by now. Liked it 40 -50 years ago before we got a telly.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I reckon Dan must be about 150 years old by now. Liked it 40 -50 years ago before we got a telly.

I looked it up. It would appear that one June Spencer has played "Peggy Woolley" (Great name. I had no idea until now.) since the pilot episode in 1949 to date. Bloody hell. 

18 minutes ago, woolley said:

I looked it up. It would appear that one June Spencer has played "Peggy Woolley" (Great name. I had no idea until now.) since the pilot episode in 1949 to date. Bloody hell. 

Not quite.  She took some years off in the 50s to bring up her children and someone else played the role.   So at the age of 100 she's 'only' been in the Archers for 60 years.  There's actually two other current actors who have been longer in the Archers continuously for longer (62 and 66 years).

Bloody hell squared.