Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Listened to news, 8.0am then there was going to be two interviews on neither of which  am interested in, so missing the music and a bit of chat off it goes again.

Tell me what news of national import you're interested in Sidney and I'll have a word with the news editor.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Listened to news, 8.0am then there was going to be two interviews on neither of which  am interested in, so missing the music and a bit of chat off it goes again.

19 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Tell me what news of national import you're interested in Sidney and I'll have a word with the news editor.

The whereabouts of Timid Toad.

No objection to the actual news it was the yapping on about a climate change progress and a new skate board park.   I like a bit of music and cheerful chat like what we used to have. And if the station is skint why have two presenters on ?  The young fellow that was on previously did all right on his own.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

No objection to the actual news it was the yapping on about a climate change progress and a new skate board park.

It looks AWESOME. I'm going to really hurt myself on it. The guy who has pushed and pushed for it deserves a medal.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Declan said:

Your suggestion that television killed radio is ridiculous. 

You are deliberately misreading, I said the mass audience, do you know any families who sit round the wireless during the evening, no cause they bought a telly, that they now don't watch because they all have iphones.

Most people listen for a tiny bit a day, for a bit of music and news in the car, it is only a matter of time before cars stop being shipped with radios and just have a sync with your smart device it might be dying slowly but it is dying get over it.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:50 PM, Max Power said:

There was an informative programme with interviews from Alan Shea and several others with regard to the police persecution of homosexuals around 1992 the other night. It was quite shocking listening and well beyond what MR would have normally put out. Before 9pm too and 'ass bandit' amongst other expletives was used! 

I heard it - it was good. It could have done with another draft as there was a few colloquialisms in the voice-over that cheapened it, but it was very well produced and the presenter was engaging. People would happily pay for that kind of thing. Manx Radio should be doing more of it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, parchedpeas said:

I heard it - it was good. It could have done with another draft as there was a few colloquialisms in the voice-over that cheapened it, but it was very well produced and the presenter was engaging. People would happily pay for that kind of thing. Manx Radio should be doing more of it.

Sorry, but what would people actually happily pay for ?