Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

5 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Skelly excepted, Manx Radio appears to have lost the support of Tynwald as a broadcasting institution promoting & supporting Manx culture

To me this is immensely worrying in itself, but poses the question as to what they now consider the station is there for & why the taxpayer should continue to fund it

The only reference to culture in the new MR plan is that it is a station that reflects the island's culture back to itself

I am getting more positive about the deckchair shuffle, at least you can understand the weather forecast now none of the lot from the met office could speak clearly, one of them sounded as if he was speaking from the moon, another , bless, had an accent that was indecipherable, and the girl spent more time chatting the presenter up than reading the forecast so that is a great improvement. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Do you mean Dan Davies?

I don't know Dan but I've had the very occasional Twitter chat with him

Seems like a good guy to me, recognises what is wrong & what is right I think

Yep - keeping his wife in the slot to 3pm so she can make school pick up whilst he signs the salary cheques - perfect

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

A pro-life activist has defended the decision to protest outside UCM, claiming they wanted to stem an intellectual debate on the matter.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/pro-life-and-pro-choice-campaigners-engage-in-discussion/

Yet more half-interested, non-edited semi-literacy from the Manx Radio News team. 

Maybe Manx Radio was reporting on what they meant rather than what they said. ^_^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Augustus said:

A pro-life activist has defended the decision to protest outside UCM, claiming they wanted to stem an intellectual debate on the matter.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/pro-life-and-pro-choice-campaigners-engage-in-discussion/

Yet more half-interested, non-edited semi-literacy from the Manx Radio News team. 

It really is both embarrassing and bloody irritating isn’t it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sustaining and reinvigorating the national broadcaster for the 21st century appears to mean 'reflecting the island's culture back to itself' by expanding prime air time for the 'wall-to-wall Brindley' broadcasting system

Contrast with the new, 21st century, vision for RTÉ: 

"As a small country, Ireland needs a media organisation that has the scale and resources to guarantee a strong and distinctive Irish voice and Irish perspective on the world; a voice that is accessible to all across different media, which articulates Irish stories, relays Irish experiences and allows for national public debate and conversation. We need a media organisation that addresses, as its priority, the challenges facing this society and this country. Above all, I believe we need a media service that does all of these things but is accountable, not to shareholders, individuals or the government of the day, but to the public. This is the ultimate promise of RTÉ."

Edited by Donald Trumps
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I am getting more positive about the deckchair shuffle, at least you can understand the weather forecast now none of the lot from the met office could speak clearly, one of them sounded as if he was speaking from the moon, another , bless, had an accent that was indecipherable, and the girl spent more time chatting the presenter up than reading the forecast so that is a great improvement. 

The jock was tremendous. Especially if the forecast was miserable. As for the girl, it seemed more as of she was politely fending the presenter off than chatting him up

• Like 2
  • Haha 1