Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

I think so gettafa

Think there was disagreement between the houses/chambers so it didn't get the go ahead

The subsequent debate on Manx Radio was lacklustre to say the least

The proposal should be returned to Tynwald for debate again in consequence of the MR changes

Edited by Donald Trumps
  • Like 1

But the heat has been taken off the politicians.

Manx Radio Morning Mandate was always good to keep up with current affairs and politics, including on the spot interviews with MHKs etc. It was not afraid to raise controversial or contentious topics.

I think the current situation of quizzy-quiz, pop-jangle radio will suit many MHKs very nicely, and I would even go so far as to say this was the way it was planned by the Cabinet Office on behalf of Quayle's gaggle and the various hangers on. After all, if there is any Government publicity required then the ex-hacks in the Cabinet Office can do it as, when or if they feel it is required. 

These days we have compliant and avuncular Andy Wint doing such as pre-planned interviews at lunchtime and stuff at tea-time. It is occasionally interesting but very sterile (aka boring).

Such as James Davis was squeezed out, Stu Peters put out to stud, and Beth Espey made into a Stepford Wife.

Maybe Manx Radio right now is just how the House of Keys wants it.

And at the taxpayers' cost.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

But the heat has been taken off the politicians.

Manx Radio Morning Mandate was always good to keep up with current affairs and politics, including on the spot interviews with MHKs etc. It was not afraid to raise controversial or contentious topics.

I think the current situation of quizzy-quiz, pop-jangle radio will suit many MHKs very nicely, and I would even go so far as to say this was the way it was planned by the Cabinet Office on behalf of Quayle's gaggle and the various hangers on. After all, if there is any Government publicity required then the ex-hacks in the Cabinet Office can do it as, when or if they feel it is required. 

These days we have compliant and avuncular Andy Wint doing such as pre-planned interviews at lunchtime and stuff at tea-time. It is occasionally interesting but very sterile (aka boring).

Such as James Davis was squeezed out, Stu Peters put out to stud, and Beth Espey made into a Stepford Wife.

Maybe Manx Radio right now is just how the House of Keys wants it.

And at the taxpayers' cost.

It's not just MR. It's rife throughout the Island...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, parchedpeas said:

It's rubbish.

From pretty much start to finish.

No it isn’t. It may not be what you want but many think it is pretty good. If you want pop music played by school leavers there are other options available.

More talk and more interaction with the listeners is what local radio is about.

I can’t fault it and hope they are not put off by the haters, especially on here. There are a lot of hard working, dedicated staff at Manx Radio, who don’t deserve the sh** they are getting.

25 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

No it isn’t. It may not be what you want but many think it is pretty good. If you want pop music played by school leavers there are other options available.

More talk and more interaction with the listeners is what local radio is about.

I can’t fault it and hope they are not put off by the haters, especially on here. There are a lot of hard working, dedicated staff at Manx Radio, who don’t deserve the sh** they are getting.

That's an interesting comment as I agree. Unfortunately when I got back to the IOM a few weeks ago after the revamp I heard less talk and more music which made me look elsewhere. 

Are you really sure it is more interesting talk? Like say radio 4? I just heard more pop songs of no interest to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoTail said:

That's an interesting comment as I agree. Unfortunately when I got back to the IOM a few weeks ago after the revamp I heard less talk and more music which made me look elsewhere. 

Are you really sure it is more interesting talk? Like say radio 4? I just heard more pop songs of no interest to me.

The lack of that grim miserable bloke at lunchtime is an improvement, though I really could not give one shit who Victor fucking Kneale was.

• Haha 3