Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

I haven't made any 'allegation', specific or otherwise, & indeed have praised some journalism from the station

I've no idea how you do or don't measure journalistic productivity at Manx Radio, & whether managers do or don't tell journalists what to write

I have my own views as to how Mr Peters runs his show, but I keep them to myself

You should stop embarrassing yourself

So should you

Said Donald Trumps - aged 4.

I don't.

And get your own material.

@Stu...

Whose legal requirements is MR burdened by..?

The terms of its public service licence granted by the Communications Commission under the Broadcasting Act.

Because it has this public service brief it is entitled to a grant out of public funds.

• Like 1

But that isn't a legal requirement to report fresh hourly news. About 15 minutes of footage on constant loop would be more than enough without them having to feel obligated into reporting the crappy minutiae of absolutely nothing every hour on the hour. The walking around Douglas landmarks from the past feature the other afternoon was hilarious. Hearing some boring old fart trying to describe (on the radio) what used to stand on the spot he was stood at whilst a car alarm loudly went off in the background for 5 minutes was pure class.

Edited by hboy
  • Like 1

I've been wanting to do something with that photo all day. This will have to do:

attachicon.gifHoward desk tennis.jpg

(eta: anyone here lived in student accommodation in the 1970/80s?)

History

Brilliant! post of the day IMO!

A few years back I used to walk past that very tennis court (then in a state of disrepair) whilst back in Uni re-inventing myself. My fellow students didn't understand the significance of it until I told them about the posters on student walls years previously

But that isn't a legal requirement to report fresh hourly news. About 15 minutes of footage on constant loop would be more than enough without them having to feel obligated into reporting the crappy minutiae of absolutely nothing every hour on the hour. The walking around Douglas landmarks from the past feature the other afternoon was hilarious. Hearing some boring old fart trying to describe (on the radio) what used to stand on the spot he was stood at whilst a car alarm loudly went off in the background for 5 minutes was pure class.

This sums up Manx Radio to a tee!

Heh, heh....

Buster's just been on Talking Heads, talking his usual nonsense, and then up pops Quirkie, trying to out do "the big I am" act.

Regarding water rates, Stu Peters gave Quirkie plenty of rope then reminded him how he went incommunicado over gas prices.

Nice one Stu.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 7

Who writes the news stories on Manxradio.com by the way?

I just read this latest news story and couldn't help but laugh at the over use of quotation marks.

Police are currently dealing with what's being described as an 'on-going situation' in Douglas.

An incident has drawn their attention on Osborne Terrace, near to the Manx Museum - and they have closed the road while the matter is being 'dealt with'.

Who writes the news stories on Manxradio.com by the way?

I just read this latest news story and couldn't help but laugh at the over use of quotation marks.

Police are currently dealing with what's being described as an 'on-going situation' in Douglas.

An incident has drawn their attention on Osborne Terrace, near to the Manx Museum - and they have closed the road while the matter is being 'dealt with'.

Except there isn't really an "over use of quotation mark"thumbsup.gif Edited by notwell