Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

Don't disagree, but do DfE have experience in that area?

Experience in giving away millions, Yes

Experience in statistical spin. Again I believe so yes. 3,200 petitioners totally ignored but changed wanted by people, Numbers at TT down but somehow up,

Sparks money well spent on 11jobs, to mention a few.

How would they get away with this otherwise.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 1

Climate Change Action Plan - in search of the Silver Bullet

The professor guy who has been employed for 6 months with a team regarding climate change has been asked on at least a couple of occasions by Manx Radio interviewers recently if he has found something called a 'Silver Bullet'.

The phrase was then profusely used in the reply.

Obviously..nay, 'fucking obviously'....there is no silver fucking bullet.

But it must be nice to be paid a tidy sum in search of one.

Howard Quayle, as with Brexit, has latched onto something that is nebulous, cloudy, uncertain, subject to argumnet etc. And Manx Radio, with their boots recently re- filled of course, are happy to go along with moneybags Howard and his empty head (apart from the moths flying about).

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 2

Gettafa - I think you'll find virtually all mainstream media have signed up to the idea of a climate emergency and the sanctification of St Greta. Sensational headlines sell newspapers and swell ratings.

At least Manx Radio has a bloke on every night denying that any such emergency exists, that politicians can do bugger all about it and that every penny spent on it (apart from mitigating any adverse effects of climate change) is a penny wasted that could better have been spent planting trees.

• Like 5

The Isle of Man Government - led of course by Howard Quayle -  is somehow bowled over by it all.

Sometimes, well quite a lot actually, I feel we have a bit of a numpty as our Chief Minister. (A £grand a week with the promise of a fat pension might well change my mind though)

(You'll need to be careful with all that dissident talk Mr Peters. Manx Radio is a quasi department of Howard's Cabinet Office thee days.)

Edited by gettafa

Re teachers strike^ (to an extent I blame that there Greta for encouraging the kids to strike)

Before there is any strike, the current pay and conditions, including pension rights etc must be made public.

No relative figures, no abstract comparisons, no waffle.

Just straight forward words and figures.

Only then can the Employer/Isle of an Government, make an informed decision on our behalf.

Edited by gettafa

Playing a game today. For every presenter that pronounces 'Shoh' differently, I'm going to have a double JD tonight.

For every time on Moanin' Line, Andy crashes his own words into badly levelled background music, or speaks over a phone in or guests, I will double it.

I've booked tomorrow off work already.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, x-in-man said:

For every time on Moanin' Line, Andy crashes his own words into badly levelled background music, or speaks over a phone in or guests, I will double it.

Everything, and I mean everything like the whole world, is secondary and is there to support Andy.

22 hours ago, Augustus said:

"Those registered with the three unions will be received ballot papers last week."

The usual sub-normal English on Manx Radio News.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/final-decision-on-teachers-strike-to-be-made-at-island-meeting/

I can never understand this sort of error. If you were preparing a news story to go on a public service broadcaster website, would you not instinctively read it through before committing it to the internet? You are being paid to do it, so presumably you would want to take some pride in the job. What should clinch it though is the innate desire not to appear an absolute retard to anyone that sees it. Just read it back, for goodness sake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well this evening they have George Ferguson (3fm) on. When did he turn up? And why?

I thought I'd tuned in to the wrong channel, not that I have ever listened to 3fm other than when I hear it piped in shops and that.

Edited by gettafa

13 hours ago, gettafa said:

Well this evening they have George Ferguson (3fm) on. When did he turn up? And why?

I thought I'd tuned in to the wrong channel, not that I have ever listened to 3fm other than when I hear it piped in shops and that.

I generally try to be supportive of Manx Radio, but this looks like a significant 'own goal' to me.

Their declared objective is to try to attract a younger audience, so they hand one of their flagship shows over to a man is his mid-seventies, with the added bonus that he's spent the last 15 years trying to put them out of business! You couldn't make it up.

• Haha 3

This 'find younger listeners' thing is surely quite wrong?

MR is - or was - community radio valued particuarly by the elderly

For government to take it away from that audience with it's £1m bung is an act of cruelty really

Edited by Donald Trumps
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1