Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

11 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I couldn’t stand that irritating prick. One of the most over-hyped irksome fuckers ever to be put in front of a microphone. ‘Housewives favourite’ my arse.

They eventually had to drag him out of the studio kicking and screaming in 2002. :D "What's the recipe today, Jim?"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8776016/Sir-Jimmy-Young-Ive-forgiven-the-BBC-for-sacking-me.html

So ex Ramsey commissioner blocks the No 3 bus from leaving Lord Street in an ongoing protest for not letting him take his mobility scooter on board.

in his post on Facebook he clearly says the whole event was filmed by the BBC and Manx Radio, yet days later nothing seems to have appeared, on their websites, at least .

He’s the interesting part of Eric Corkish’s post…

In the end Bus Vannin called the police who attended, I was told to move from in front of the bus as I was "causing an obstruction of the highway" which I did and then the Police Women (no uniform) said that if I protested again I would be arrested and face prosecution. The police then told Manx Radio that the recording they had made whilst the police were talking to me could not be used on the Radio as it was illegal to record the police in action. I don't know if their action was legal or not but will take her word for it. Manx Radio played the interview at 5-30 tonight with comments made from the IOM Government (I don't know which department) which was a total pack of lies one after the other, I have contacted Manx Radio to ask if I can go up to them on Monday to correct their report. So all I can say is watch this space to see if the IOM Government would go through with the act of taking a disabled man to court for wanting to use a Public Service Bus whilst the whole thing is against the Equality Act that came in to force 5 weeks ago.

So if the interview has been played and the response from the Government PR machine was also readout, why is the story not on their website?

Its only Monday morning so this story might still be covered by other media outlets today…and what about the police part of this story?

5 minutes ago, WKRP said:

'The police then told Manx Radio that the recording they had made whilst the police were talking to me could not be used on the Radio as it was illegal to record the police in action.'

I'm pretty sure the police can't stop people filming them in a public place. Especially a news crew...unless the crew are in danger and need to be moved as part of some cordon?

• Like 1

Apologies for being off topic,but was listening to Manx radio yesterday (Goll A Gaccan) the show about Manx Gaelic etc.and a track of music was played by a band called "Treisht"  or trust in English,called "Waiting for the world to change" (a John Mayer song perhaps) it was said the band were Manx,but i cant find a thing online about them ,anyone no more info? CDs for sale,the track was quite brilliant.Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, Ďouglas Peel said:

Apologies for being off topic,but was listening to Manx radio yesterday (Goll A Gaccan) the show about Manx Gaelic etc.and a track of music was played by a band called "Treisht"  or trust in English,called "Waiting for the world to change" (a John Mayer song perhaps) it was said the band were Manx,but i cant find a thing online about them ,anyone no more info? CDs for sale,the track was quite brilliant.Thanks in advance.

Ring or text Manx Radio or Phil Gawne. Always very helpful with enquiries.:thumbsup:

• Like 1