Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

3 hours ago, quilp said:

My money would be on an announcement coming in early May that because of a delay in the process, MR will be the only body available to complete the role.

What did it cost the taxpayer last year- £113,000..?

The way Manx Radio is going of late, there is no particular reason why it would do the TT.  

It's time for a freshen up of the TT commentary anyway. 

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

I am just saying now, that people should be careful what they wish for. 

Doesn't make a lot of difference though, does it? Nobody wished for Howard Quayle.

Well, nobody who's admitting to it...

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I am just saying now, that people should be careful what they wish for. 

Up to a point you are right dilli, and I have said the same thing for half a century. But no more, it's certainly not worth the subvention.  l'll be making that clear to my MHKs in 6 months time, although I think they are both of the same opinion anyway.

11 hours ago, gettafa said:

Up to a point you are right dilli, and I have said the same thing for half a century. But no more, it's certainly not worth the subvention.  l'll be making that clear to my MHKs in 6 months time, although I think they are both of the same opinion anyway.

It would be nice to know if the MHKs who voted against the subvention last time are being treated differently to the ones who didn't by

MR.  

Need to see if you can see who voted against it.

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

It would be nice to know if the MHKs who voted against the subvention last time are being treated differently to the ones who didn't by

MR.  

You can pretty much work out if their in the ‘friend ps of MR club’ from the reception they get on air. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn the Phil Gawne and Rob Callister have been given preferential shares in MR! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Holte End said:

MR.  

They more-or-less all voted in favour of the subvention. There were a couple of amendments which were voted on, but that was just detail,

The debate starts lower half of the linked page below and goes on and on.  Bear in mind that the 'new' Manx Radio had already been launched by this time. It is astounding that little if anything was said about it, only about spooning a £milllion of taxpayers' money into the station every year for the next 3 years. Guaranteed.

No wonder it always sounds like happy clappy party time on 97.2 MHz  these days

tynwald.org.im/business/hansard/20002020/t191016.pdf#page=18

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Aye Donald, it was a long Tywnald debate. There were various amendments and other stuff regarding Manx Radio to discuss. It ended up a debate about the amendments and Kerry Sharpe's motion and all that, in that they appeared to take their eye off the ball which was about giving £1million+ per annum to Manx Radio for the next three years, which off course got nodded through, despite the station having seriously dumbed down into such as silly quizzes, and dumping it's flagship Morning Mandate.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1