Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

And whilst I'm on one about Manx Radio, they've just announced the teaser for tomorrow morning.

Chief Minister Howard Quayle will be on talking about the teachers' pay dispute

But it's ok, because they've got a brand new Where's Wotton.

Seriously, wtf is going down with Manx Radio these days? Is it because they have been guaranteed ( that is to say: g_u_a_r_a_n_t_e_e_d) in excess of £3million of taxpayers money over the next 3 years?

Fuck. The teachers are threatening strike action, but it's ok, because we can have a brand new wonder about Where's Wotton.

What's going on folks?

• Like 6

They have been thrown millions of £££s to chase a youf audience that doesn't listen to radio anymore

Thereby depriving the older population of a Manx community radio service that was the 'sound of the their lives'

Simultaneously a monstrous act of cruelty AND a monstrous act of stupidity by the unfeeling members of #ClubTynwald 

• Like 7

I don’t really listen to Manx Radio - never have. I’ve no philosophical objection to it, but put simply, it’s not my kind of broadcasting. 
However, a friend gave me a lift late last week, at around 2:00 pm, and had MR on in the car. Two young ladies were presenting a programme which they stated would offer a chance for the kids who were listening to choose the music to be played, as half-term was concluding. I had to endure this programme for about 25 minutes. It was, frankly, embarrassing; unlistenable, gabbling, amateurish rubbish. If this is the offering of ‘The Nation’s Station’ those listening beyond our shores can only conclude that we’re a nation of morons.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I don’t really listen to Manx Radio - never have. I’ve no philosophical objection to it, but put simply, it’s not my kind of broadcasting.

At a cost to the taxpayer of £1million+ per year you should have an objection.

Up until recently a philosphical outlook could have been that it serves a purpose to the community and just because I don't listen to it, doesn't mean others don't etc.  But that view point simply doesn't stand anymore. They're getting all this money to lark about and have high jinks. It's got to stop, however Tynwald has given them the money and they can't be touched for 3 years.

Like a politician gets 5 years to do what they want.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, gettafa said:

At a cost to the taxpayer of £1million+ per year you should have an objection.

Up until recently a philosphical outlook could have been that it serves a purpose to the community and just because I don't listen to it, doesn't mean others don't etc.  But that view point simply doesn't stand anymore. They're getting all this money to lark about and have high jinks. It's got to stop, however Tynwald has given them the money and they can't be touched for 3 years.

Like a politician gets 5 years to do what they want.

I have no philosophical objection to its existence - I have considerable objection to the (lack of) quality/cost equation.

• Like 5

On 2/23/2020 at 11:41 PM, gettafa said:

And whilst I'm on one about Manx Radio, they've just announced the teaser for tomorrow morning.

Chief Minister Howard Quayle will be on talking about the teachers' pay dispute

But it's ok, because they've got a brand new Where's Wotton.

Seriously, wtf is going down with Manx Radio these days? Is it because they have been guaranteed ( that is to say: g_u_a_r_a_n_t_e_e_d) in excess of £3million of taxpayers money over the next 3 years?

Fuck. The teachers are threatening strike action, but it's ok, because we can have a brand new wonder about Where's Wotton.

What's going on folks?

I hate having to sit through all those tedious news items whilst waiting for the latest editions of Where's Wotton and Ben's Banger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Declan said:

It's stories like this that annoy me...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/sunflower-lanyards-already-available-on-island/

It's about the lack of general knowledge about sunflower lanyards. 

But doesn't explain what sunflower lanyards signify. 

I agree. Uninformative.  I read the article and haven't got a clue what the lanyard' signifies.

I gave Manx Radio another chance yesterday - what a mistake that was! Utter guff! It's just drivel and has no quality to it - the presenters ramble, the competitions are crap, and the adverts are unbearable and repetitive. 

Why are we funding this awful awful station to the tune of £1m+ per year? 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, On The Bus said:

I gave Manx Radio another chance yesterday - what a mistake that was! Utter guff! It's just drivel and has no quality to it - the presenters ramble, the competitions are crap, and the adverts are unbearable and repetitive. 

Why are we funding this awful awful station to the tune of £1m+ per year? 

Probably trying to get rid of the mentally inept