Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

14 hours ago, On The Bus said:

I gave Manx Radio another chance yesterday - what a mistake that was! Utter guff! It's just drivel and has no quality to it - the presenters ramble, the competitions are crap, and the adverts are unbearable and repetitive.

At least the adverts haven't changed then.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think so much that is going wrong in the Manx Radio newsroom can be summed up in one of today’s headlines.

”Travel industry on the up, despite external pressures”

It’s clearly a low level bit of advertising for a local travel agent, who has no more idea than anyone else at the moment to the possible effects from the current coronavirus situation.

What was needed in the interview was to ask about all the people who had lost out on their holidays due to the collapse of Thomas Cook, who appeared to have a connections to this travel agent at that time as it took them down for a few days as well. Has everyone been sorted? Etc.

This had the potential of being an interesting, if difficult interview, for the guest, but he was not challenged on the real issues.

Looks like the interview was suggested by the travel agent to get some faith back into booking with him. You can’t blame him for that, but surely the young journalist could have probed further and got a news story out of it.

If he had been quizzed by the late David Callister I think it would have had a different slant to the story.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

WKRP our kid, keep doing what you are doing by all means, but you can save a bit of time and effort for yourself. Manx Radio have put themselves on the road to decline since New Manx Radio launched in October.

I wondered what David Callister might have thought of it all, and Roger Watterson too of course.

But I think know.

• Like 2