Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

My spat with DT is that he impugned the national broadcaster by saying that 'You probably can't measure journalistic productivity at MR, station managers may spend a lot of time telling journos not to cover stories'.

Use of the word 'may' is a weasely way to wriggle out of responsibilty...bit like HIGNFY and other edgy show panelists who use 'allegedly'.

There are some real MR haters who post here regularly who have little sense or understanding of the way things actually work (as opposed to their dystopian view that the only thing stopping them being rich and successful is that everybody is corrupt), and it has therefore become almost folklore that MR managers are constantly looking after the interests of the Manx establishment by spiking unwelcome news stories. I have repeatedly tried to correct that, based on 15 years personal experience - the first 5 working in the newsroom anchoring Mandate.

Whilst I understand that there will always be haters and about not feeding trolls, I simply refuse to stand by and let - assumedly - intelligent posters attempt to defame people who are diligent and honest and an institution owned by the people for the people.

• Like 3

There are some real MR haters who post here regularly who have little sense or understanding of the way things actually work (as opposed to their dystopian view that the only thing stopping them being rich and successful is that everybody is corrupt), and it has therefore become almost folklore that MR managers are constantly looking after the interests of the Manx establishment by spiking unwelcome news stories. I have repeatedly tried to correct that, based on 15 years personal experience - the first 5 working in the newsroom anchoring Mandate.

Whilst I understand that there will always be haters and about not feeding trolls, I simply refuse to stand by and let - assumedly - intelligent posters attempt to defame people who are diligent and honest and an institution owned by the people for the people.

Most people know how it works Stu and you could fill these pages for years and not one of them would be convinced otherwise as you're defending the people who pay your wages. That's a total conflict of interests which totally negates anything you happen to say on the subject.

Owned by the people for the people? I'm sure there's a communist government somewhere that uses that very same strap line. The alternative expression of that is "state owned"

Edited by JackCarter
  • Like 2

Most people know how it works Stu and you could fill these pages for years and not one of them would be convinced otherwise as you're defending the people who pay your wages. That's a total conflict of interests which totally negates anything you happen to say on the subject.

Owned by the people for the people? I'm sure there's a communist government somewhere that uses that very same strap line. The alternative expression of that is "state owned"

Just a plain f*****g stupid post. You really can't be serious ?