Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

12 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

No, I'm choosing to believe what I know to be a fact. You're choosing to believe somebody with an axe to grind.

Strange. There certainly was a time when I was advertising with Energy that Manx Radio suddenly started offering substantially cheaper rates. But as I wasn't chasing the geriatric market there was very little sense in going with MR. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Yes, it was bad enough getting them to answer a straight question before - even with Roger Watterson trying to pin them down

Now they're only open to journos & even then on a fairly limited basis

Some of the Covid media briefing questions are inane and repetitive, can you imagine the questions when nothing much is happening?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Some of the Covid media briefing questions are inane and repetitive, can you imagine the questions when nothing much is happening?

You're right. How many times are Glover & Co. going to ask for a list of cases by address. Then to be told they'll only get them by postcode region which isn't really much use to anyone. 

Moulton acting up and trying to be some professional journalist is equally as embarrassing. 

They should actually open it to public questions. Although that would unleash the "U ok him?" brigade, it would perhaps offer some more original and interesting questions. 

How are the media people chosen for questions anyway?

Edited by On The Bus
  • Like 1

Just now, On The Bus said:

You're right. How many times are Glover & Co. going to ask for a list of cases by address. Then to be told they'll only get them by postcode region which isn't really much use to anyone. 

Moulton acting up and trying to be some professional journalist is equally as embarrassing. 

Paul Moulten made a tw*t of himself today. Shame, as I usually like his stuff

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 5:34 PM, Neil Down said:

I believe the money was not theirs to give away. Wasn't it a refund for an overpayment of licence fees?

which bit confuses you dilli?

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

which bit confuses you dilli?

It was not as simple as you say, an overpayment by the license payer. It was tied in with shared resources and such. How can you say it was not the governments money.? Who’s was it then ? We pay our license every year, yet most on here brag that they don’t, so who’s money is it Neil ? 

Just now, dilligaf said:

It was not as simple as you say, an overpayment by the license payer. It was tied in with shared resources and such. How can you say it was not the governments money.? Who’s was it then ? We pay our license every year, yet most on here brag that they don’t, so who’s money is it Neil ? 

Ours - aka the very people who regularly pay their TV licence

5 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I don't think the guy who presents Mannin Line 'gets' this virus thing. He clearly enjoys the extra attention though.

I can't believe they haven't returned Stu Peters back to the slot, with the old format.

Whitles manx radio is killing off the station.

I txt a question in on human rights and the right for return to the island for residents, but again he never asked it  to Boy Blunder.

• Like 2

Current guy can be very selective what he reads out and how. It's HIS show remember. It's HIS show,

Roger Watterson summed things up about presenting in general and I think he may have been thinking about this guy.

Roger was told in his early days by a BBC Broadcaster that "you are in people's homes for hours on end. They aren't bothered about how clever you are or think you are". Or words to that effect. I might find the right words sometime, because they were very apt.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 6