Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 hour ago, ecobob said:

I once had a dubious pleasure of welcoming a previous governor and his wife to afternoon tea. On their arrival I put out my hand to shake his and he put his hat and gloves in it. 

I knew my place. 

I bet I know which one it was too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Uhtred said:

And...’parks’ is the plural of ‘park’ with ‘glens’ being the plural of ‘glen’...so no apostrophe required anywhere. And it’s pretty clear that they are both plural. So, currently, on MRs website main news item about full car parks at beauty spots they’ve written ‘parks’ and ‘glen’s’. The idiots.

The article says:  "Parks and Glen's remain open despite lockdown measures."

So, since Glen's starts with a capital letter, maybe Glen is a person. So Glen's what remain open? (His mind? His mouth? His flies?)

(I DO wish that the MR boys and girls would not pronounce words such as thinking, new and news as finkin, noo, and nooze)

• Like 1

To be absolutely fair on this, Manx Radio are trying to attract the kids and kids these days don't give no damn about apostrophe's and capital letters.

Manx Radio are also trying to alienate the older listener who was taught such fundamental syntax and grammar and that.

For Manx Radio it's a win-win.

Expect more.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KERED said:

The article says:  "Parks and Glen's remain open despite lockdown measures."

So, since Glen's starts with a capital letter, maybe Glen is a person. So Glen's what remain open? (His mind? His mouth? His flies?)

(I DO wish that the MR boys and girls would not pronounce words such as thinking, new and news as finkin, noo, and nooze)

The pronunciation that really fucking grigs me is ‘pleece’ instead of ‘police’.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, gettafa said:

To be absolutely fair on this, Manx Radio are trying to attract the kids and kids these days don't give no damn about apostrophe's and capital letters.

Manx Radio are also trying to alienate the older listener who was taught such fundamental syntax and grammar and that.

Expect more.

Let’s really go for it.

Expect moor...

30 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Expect more.

I would have to say the reverse is true.

Manx Radio is reaching out to the wider listener. They don’t need the teeny boppers. Energy and 3FM cater for the kids. Manx Radio reaches out to the average bod and in my opinion has succeeded. They produce a very wide range of programs to suit most audiences . 
I can’t fault what I hear.I listen mainly to the afternoon sessions and love them They have some very accomplished presenters in the afternoons, who are both easy on the ear and knowledgeable about music and current affairs. I will always support this sort of radio. 
Christie De Haven (sp) is an absolute star, as is Howard Cain and sadly Beth, who has been moved to an AM slot. Keep up the good work

Dili, the new strategy is to attract a young (or younger) audience

& Stu told me (or us) the other day that this was research based

But I'm not sure Stu is correct in that

(I'm NOT saying he is dissembling)

I do agree with you that Christy is a great character and shows a very good taste in music when she gets to choose what she plays

Edited by Donald Trumps
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Dili, the new strategy is to attract a young audience

& Stu told me (or us) the other day that this was research based

But I'm not sure Stu is correct in that

(I'm NOT saying he is dissembling)

I do agree with you that Christy is a great character and shows a very good taste in music when she gets to choose what she plays

She is also a very talented musician in her own right. She nails the afternoon slotted program and even though she may be happy at MR, she should be recognized for her talent and could easily go on to bigger things. W3 are very lucky to have her.

There is also a younger presenter, who’s name escapes me atm who is very promising. Manx Radio is onto a winner with their selection process regarding presenters. 
Still can’t understand the whingers for the life of me.

edit to add that I would put CDH in the same bracket as a young Chris Evens, talent wise.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

She is also a very talented musician in her own right. She nails the afternoon slotted program and even though she may be happy at MR, she should be recognized for her talent and could easily go on to bigger things. W3 are very lucky to have her.

There is also a younger presenter, who’s name escapes me atm who is very promising. Manx Radio is onto a winner with their selection process regarding presenters. 
Still can’t understand the whingers for the life of me.

edit to add that I would put CDH in the same bracket as a young Chris Evens, talent wise.

Chris Evans has talent? Sorry but I've never seen why people fawn over him!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

She is also a very talented musician in her own right. 

I’m not one for boasting and don’t often get the chance, but it was me who got her going. Well, maybe not completely, she did put quite a bit of work in on her own too.