Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

3 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Manx Radio is reaching out to the wider listener

Christie De Haven (sp) is an absolute star, as is Howard Cain and sadly Beth, who has been moved to an AM slot. Keep up the good work

Radio Fat Bastard.

I do like Christy though. She's really talented and underused. It reminds me a bit of the situation with Ashlea Tracey a few years ago. Great young broadcaster and very knowledgeable about the local music scene. Her Saturday night shows were quality. Other than that though, she only had about half an hour a day sitting in as the boy Brindley's sidekick. Just not enough airtime. Eventually she buggered off to BBC Jersey where she now does the breakfast show. Don't compare Christy to Evans. She's far better than THAT.

Beth is good when she's doing serious. Good interviewer - can be surprisingly combative, but not stupidly Paxmanesque. Can see her being a lifer there like David Callister was. Best person on the station by a mile for the po-faced stuff. For me she loses it all when she's just messing about doing the frivolous stuff. Don't rate Howard.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well it maybe that, at least during the pandemic, that a sort of Morning Mandate is creeping back in. From 07:30, now up to about 20 minutes you can listen to Manx Radio without the childish high jinks and hockey sticks (I was going to say drivel, but I accept that some people like drivel) and music.

Covid-19 is with us, and despite the Programme Controller's best efforts, Manx Radio as the self-styled "Nation's Station" needs to broadcast at least a modicum of serious news and features.

Edited by gettafa
typo
  • Like 1

I’ve gone back but only for that time you’ve stated. 7.30 till the 8 news and weather and then it’s off again. I’m actually listening to BBC radio Scotland for some bizarre reason. I like it. It’s like radio 4 without the tories. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Well it maybe that, at least during the pandemic, that a sort of Morning Mandate is creeping back in. From 07:30, now up to about 20 minutes you can listen to Manx Radio without the childish high jinks and hockey sticks (I was going to say drivel, but I accept that some people like drivel) and music.

Covid-19 is with is, and despite the Programme Controllers best efforts, Manx Radio as the self-styled "Nation's Station" needs to broadcast at least a modicum of serious news and features.

Same here...listen 7.30 to 8am now. Outside of that forget it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I think Mannin Line is far better than Talking Heads it is more interesting with more contributors and not having Stu Peters opinions taking up half of the programme is a big plus.

That just has to be tongue in cheek. Andy Wint dominates and only his views matter.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have moved over from late night Radio Four to Manx Radio during the lockdown. I am enjoying Stu Peters show, it feels like he enjoys the pm slot more than the lunch one, I just wish he would unleash a bit more relaxing music for winding down. Maybe he doesn’t have a choice about the playlist? Also where is Wotton?

• Like 1