Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 hour ago, Bum Fiend said:

I would imagine that more than one poster recognizes what an intolerable odious big mouthed wanker you are and how you probably like to be sexually abused innumerable men just for fun. I bet self isolation must be leaving far too many holes free in your house currently. 

Welcome back. Once again, it was me that reported you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Welcome back. Once again, it was me that reported you.

Me too. I reported both personas and I don't mind admitting it. There's banter, then there's nasty, abusive homophobic bullshit. I call bullshit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Well, back on track, and apologies for the repeats:

19 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

They've alrady got the Meyers report, why commission another one?

19 hours ago, gettafa said:

Try this little beaut:

5.3 The breakfast show on FM (Mandate) adopts a one-hour speech segment that ends at 8.30am. This should be extended until 9am, especially as the audience falls away the moment the speech content ends.

SOURCE - Myers review into Manx Radio

Of course the boy Brindley (I have nothing against him personally, just professionally) the current Programme Controller, would care little for the Myers Report because it was all serious and had no slapstick and saucy innuendo in it.

19 hours ago, gettafa said:

or another example:

5.9 In the week I was present, there were at least two instances where a public service radio station seemed to have missed the mark. Both related to the island games where a record number of athletes returned with gold medals. Not a single person from Tynwald attended the airport to greet their return, which many residents may have thought surprising and offensive. Someone from the Government should have been taken to task about this on the following mornings breakfast show. Nothing was mentioned, which is difficult to understand for a station that proudly boasts that it takes ministers to task on a regular basis!

As I mentioned up above, Ministers these days only have to tax their minds on the various quizzes and larks they have on Manx Radio these days.

John Myers died in June 2019. This clearly gave Manx Radio, sorry I mean 'New Manx Radio' the green light to launch in October 2019 and continue taking the money and have a bit of a lark for the next 3 years or more. And stick two fingers up to the now deceased John Myers and his Report. 

• Like 1