Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

26 minutes ago, woolley said:

You couldn't make it up could you? Free speech, anyone? Poor Stu. He needs one of those Balotelli shirts. "Why Always Me?"

He’d be better of finding an answer to that question rather than playing the victim  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WKRP said:

So Manx Radio are tweeting the information about the late show issue but no one is getting their emails and texts read out on the Manninline. Says it all really.

The communications commission/Home Affairs should really make sure that the station/programme is independent and can even talk about their own service issues.

Corrin has now “accidentally” deleted it from IONN&P as well which is what he usually does when he gets a call from someone in government asking him to help them manage bad PR. 

1 minute ago, Declan said:

He’d be better of finding an answer to that question rather than playing the victim  

True. I like Stu, but he does have this self-destruct button that he seems to press every now and then. Of course the cardinal sin is frightening the horses, i.e, the advertisers. Why, oh why, can he not just keep away from anything controversial on air? If you start on this subject there's only one way its going to go.

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Would you prefer China Flu? Are you afraid to acknowledge that it came from China?

No, Im not afraid. China is a fucking disgrace on a huge amount of levels. The point is that the people who continually use phrases like that are doing so because they're overwhelmingly astonishingly thick.

Is the absolute failure of huge parts of the western world to handle the pandemic the fault of China?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

True. I like Stu, but he does have this self-destruct button that he seems to press every now and then. Of course the cardinal sin is frightening the horses, i.e, the advertisers. Why, oh why, can he not just keep away from anything controversial on air? If you start on this subject there's only one way its going to go.

If you’ve heard the clip (it’s on FB now) it isn’t really that controversial. It seems like some sad teenager full of her own self righteousness and her silly student mates who have nothing to do currently have blown it up out of all proportion. It wasn’t a classic Stu Peters fauxpar of the inferior Jeremy Clarkson variety sadly. He even agreed with her at one point. This has all the classic signals of a #metoo “2” style social media trend about it. Everyone is jumping on board claiming they’ve been affected even if they’re very clearly white. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

No, Im not afraid. China is a fucking disgrace on a huge amount of levels. The point is that the people who continually use phrases like that are doing so because they're overwhelmingly astonishingly thick.

Is the absolute failure of huge parts of the western world to handle the pandemic the fault of China?

Well yes really.

• Like 2

>Is the absolute failure of huge parts of the western world to handle the pandemic the fault of China?

That's like saying "Is the absolute failure of huge parts of Nagasaki to handle the radiation the fault of America?" - Of course it fecking is

3 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Well yes really.

I'm quite happy for you to explain how. Did they order Boris to delay the UK lockdown by 3 weeks and pretend everything is fine?

I am in no way defending the Thug State that the CCP operates, and am fully aware that they told lies early on and continue to do so.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

If I poison you, is your absolute failure to handle the toxicity my fault?

13 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

If you’ve heard the clip (it’s on FB now) it isn’t really that controversial. It seems like some sad teenager full of her own self righteousness and her silly student mates who have nothing to do currently have blown it up out of all proportion. It wasn’t a classic Stu Peters fauxpar of the inferior Jeremy Clarkson variety sadly. He even agreed with her at one point. This has all the classic signals of a #metoo “2” style social media trend about it. Everyone is jumping on board claiming they’ve been affected even if they’re very clearly white. 

Good. I haven't heard it, so I am very pleased that this is the case. The station should therefore stand by their man. Classic metootoo. I wonder was there an element of "agent provocateur" involved.

• Like 3