Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

9 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I do find it all a bit uncomfortable when people are going round every link on Facebook encouraging people to complain about it. If the people who listened thought it was worth complaining about then absolutely crack on but this whipping people up into a frenzy to make an issue of something before they have independently made their own mind up is a bit wrong.

seems to be the fb way Rhumsaa. Too many people trying to impress their opinions on others. That's what the "unfriend" button was created for

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I do find it all a bit uncomfortable when people are going round every link on Facebook encouraging people to complain about it. If the people who listened thought it was worth complaining about then absolutely crack on but this whipping people up into a frenzy to make an issue of something before they have independently made their own mind up is a bit wrong.

I know. There will be far more people complaining about it than were listening to the broadcast at the time.

• Like 7

It seems it was Stu's contribution to the thread on here which prompted the callers to come on to his programme 'Late, Live and Unleashed'. I thought he behaved respectably whilst teasing out some good points from the callers? Isn't that the purpose of phone in programmes? I can't see racism in any of his comments, just asking the questions which a lot of people would ask at this time! I almost think that this was a set up by a group of friends who have set out to try and trap him. He didn't say anything at all racist, other than to question whether is existed to any great degree on the island, is that something which he should lose his job for?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, Twitch said:

I'm not a supporter of Tommy Robinson but...

I didn't say that! 

You can't dismiss things out of hand without listening to both sides of an argument. If you do, you are just another uniformed person standing on one side.

14 minutes ago, Twitch said:

I'm not a supporter of Tommy Robinson but...

I think it's the first rule in the students' liberal handbook to shoot down anyone who says "I'm not racist, but.........." The reason people say it is because for the last half century any reasonable discussion on immigration and the multicultural experiment was silenced by an immediate accusation of said racism, even if it was anything but. It was "no platformed" for decades and in many forums it still is. Saying "I'm not racist, but......" is a defence mechanism against instant opprobrium whether warranted or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It seems it was Stu's contribution to the thread on here which prompted the callers to come on to his programme 'Late, Live and Unleashed'. I thought he behaved respectably whilst teasing out some good points from the callers? Isn't that the purpose of phone in programmes? I can't see racism in any of his comments, just asking the questions which a lot of people would ask at this time! I almost think that this was a set up by a group of friends who have set out to try and trap him. He didn't say anything at all racist, other than to question whether is existed to any great degree on the island, is that something which he should lose his job for?

Denying the existence of white privilege is a bit iffy innit.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, woolley said:

I didn't poison you deliberately. That's OK then.

ETA: And "Bozo" didn't deliberately kill 50,000 people. So that's OK too. :)

It's not funny.

I'm very hopeful, having lost a dear friend to the virus, that a Public Inquiry into the handling of the pandemic will expose all the manifest failings of Bozo and his useless Administration and place the blame for the most fatalities in Europe absolutely where it belongs.

Expect more like the C4 Dispatches expose telling it like it is...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Plenty of white people are underprivileged. Wasn't he saying just that? I don't think he was making the case for entire populations. Nobody would argue that the white elite are not privileged. I'm pretty sure that he himself came from very humble beginnings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

He accepted it though, and they got a platform to explain their thoughts. The free speech thing works two ways, if Stu didn't say what others were thinking, they wouldn't be able to come onto the radio and explain their position to those people! It's a late night radio phone in for that very purpose, isn't it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, P.K. said:

It's not funny.

I'm very hopeful, having lost a dear friend to the virus, that a Public Inquiry into the handling of the pandemic will expose all the manifest failings of Bozo and his useless Administration and place the blame for the most fatalities in Europe absolutely where it belongs.

Expect more like the C4 Dispatches expose telling it like it is...

Therefore taking your point back full circle, China must be culpable. Were it not for China in the first place, we would be dealing with other matters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

Plenty of white people are underprivileged. Wasn't he saying just that? I don't think he was making the case for entire populations. Nobody would argue that the white elite are not privileged. I'm pretty sure that he himself came from very humble beginnings.

He said "I have no more privilege as a white man than you do as a black man". Which is patently false.

Nobody is claiming there aren't underprivileged white folk. But the point is, that if any living white person had been born black instead, they would have had more barriers thrown up in their path during life, experienced more racism and prejudice, and generally had a shittier time.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Therefore taking your point back full circle, China must be culpable. Were it not for China in the first place, we would be dealing with other matters.

They didn't create it deliberately and they didn't export it deliberately either.

Capisce?

• Sad 1