Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

4 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Suspended. The woke folk won. 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=56038

What's the betting the caller doesn’t even live in the IOM? It looks like a coordinated stunt the speed at which the “outrage” has happened and all the heavy content decrying him as been uploaded to social media. 

For sure.

The second caller was a classic.

Suspended. The woke folk won. 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=56038

What's the betting the caller doesn’t even live in the IOM? It looks like a coordinated stunt the speed at which the “outrage” has happened and all the heavy content decrying him as been uploaded to social media. 

"The caller"? Which one? Pretty sure they were all from the Isle of Man. 

5 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I've listened to it and I think it's unacceptable. 

I went to Ballakermeen in the 1980's and the majority of pupils there were white. In my music class, one of the pupils was not white. I remember the teacher, Mr Hartley, told him to "hurry up sambo". Thats unacceptable.

1 minute ago, dooahhdoo said:

I went to Ballakermeen in the 1980's and the majority of pupils there were white. In my music class, one of the pupils was not white. I remember the teacher, Mr Hartley, told him to "hurry up sambo". Thats unacceptable.

I guess I didn't realise we were all sharing a quota of one thing that was allowed to be branded unacceptable.

21 minutes ago, HeliX said:

"The caller"? Which one? Pretty sure they were all from the Isle of Man. 

The one called Jordan. I would be interested to know if he actually lives in the IOM as I heard a suggestion that he doesn’t. I ask as it’s a shit late night IOM radio show and if I wanted to cause a stir for a “cause” it’s exactly what I would probably do. Seek out some third rate backwater radio show where the presenter is an Alan Partridge clone and then crank it up with a few mates. Also there seem to be various recordings circulating that aren’t from Manx Radio so why would people record such a third rate Wednesday local radio show If they weren’t trying to use the content as a stunt? It looked like it was circulating on Twitter within minutes from what I can see. Then detailed written content decrying it all was available on Facebook by the following morning. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 1

I've listened to it (and I'll never get those minutes back :( )

I'm sure he could have worded a few things better. Maybe next time he should get a focus group to ratify every single word and inflection?

But he said nothing particularly wrong and bent over backwards to be polite and accommodating. He just didn't 100% agree. It's pathetic how intolerant our society has become that he'll be made to suffer.

Agreeing 99% is not good enough for the woke generation. It's 100% or you'll pay the price.

#ReinstateStuPeters

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm wondering how you would know from a radio broadcast...?

Same reason I know what Stu Peters looks like even though I’ve never met him in person? Majority of the radio station websites that I listen to has a little biography section on the presenters, I quite like putting a face to a name/voice, I’m sure many others are the same.

Have just seen on Twatter that this Jordan aka 'Jordy B4DA$$' bloke is now working with the nations broadcaster on a new program for black minorities.

I also saw the post he quoted on this forum by Stu with nothing more than facts contained in it, albeit not very helpful right now.

This InstagramTwattersphere fuckwittery is nonsense. As I said in the BLM thread, I can't support a named cause when all it intends to do is alienate those who they feel prejudice them. Same with any other cause that does the same.

Every life matters. Stop having a social media ego trip.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

The one called Jordan. I would be interested to know if he actually lives in the IOM as I heard a suggestion that he doesn’t. So I would hope if there is an investigation the first question asked is who is this bloke and is he a real person who comes from the IOM. I ask as it’s a shit late night radio show and if I wanted to cause a stir for a “cause” it’s exactly what I would do. Hunt out some shitty third rate backwater radio show and then crank it up with a few mates. Also there seem to be various recordings circulating that aren’t from Manx Radio so why would people record such a third rate Wednesday local radio show If they weren’t trying to use the content as a stunt? It looked like it was circulating on Twitter within minutes from what I can see. Then detailed written content decrying it all was available on Facebook by the following morning. 

Welcome to the 21st century I guess. Twitter moves fast.

Also if I wanted to cause a stir the first thing I'd do certainly wouldn't be to phone a washed up radio presenter on a tiny island.

18 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

It seems that he does, or at least did, in 2016!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/takeaway-scrap-lands-man-community-service/

6 minutes ago, Mr Shoe said:

bent over backwards to be polite and accommodating.

Was that the bit where he was repeating his own opinion without adding justification after the callers had given him great examples of why he was wrong, or when he was laughing at the callers for relating their experiences to him?