Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Just now, HeliX said:

Welcome to the 21st century I guess. Twitter moves fast.

Also if I wanted to cause a stir the first thing I'd do certainly wouldn't be to phone a washed up radio presenter on a tiny island.

Peters is often more Alan Partridge then Alan Partridge is. He’s an easy target to pick on if you want to quickly and easily crank up a stir.

Just now, HeliX said:

Was that the bit where he was repeating his own opinion without adding justification after the callers had given him great examples of why he was wrong, or when he was laughing at the callers for relating their experiences to him?

I agree that the laughing was wrong.  But I bet if you get the transcript and do a word count, all of the callers talked more than he did with only unsubstantiated rhetoric as their argument.

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I also saw the post he quoted on this forum by Stu with nothing more than facts contained in it, albeit not very helpful right now.

Does this only contain facts? Or does it also contain opinions and a slogan that very much misses the point?

101635344_679958313673_42049950325932032

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Yes. And then he was bullied because he didn't use local milk at his coffee shop. Couldn't make it up, really.

I prefer Cravendale to Manx Milk as it’s better lasting. Manx Bread is not nice. What Stu or others use in their establishment is their concern.

1 minute ago, Mr Shoe said:

I agree that the laughing was wrong.  But I bet if you get the transcript and do a word count, all of the callers talked more than he did with only unsubstantiated rhetoric as their argument.

Perhaps I'm being dim, but do I take your post to mean that you believe the firsthand experiences of people in our community is unsubstantiated rhetoric, but Stu saying "there's no racism because black president" is somehow a valuable argument?

• Like 2

Reading many of the comments here no wonder there is so much prejudice and discrimination about. The number on here desperately trying to ignore what Stu said and finding reasons attack those who are complaining about what he said I find incredible. They are professional moaners, people with agendas, bleeding heart liberals etc, it is fake outrage.

I was not outraged, I have not and will not complain to Manx Radio, the IoM broadcasting Commission, demand that Stu Peters is placed in the stocks. In my view he got it wrong and if I was his employer I would be very uncomfortable if one of my members of staff was happy to publicly argue that the level of abuse the average black person might get in the IoM is no worse than somebody will get who is fat, that as a white late middle aged bloke he has no more privilege in his life than the average black person, that the fact Obama became president proves that there is no prejudice in the USA against coloured people, and laughs/scoffs at callers who take a different view.

Doing that in on a public broadcasting station which relies on advertising for its revenue and you ain't going to get away with it no matter what angle you are coming from. That posters seem to think that is acceptable these days on a publicly owned national radio station I am staggered and it really shows how far we have to go before it is accepted that low level and prejudice and discrimination is not acceptable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

This tweet of Jordans is most insightful.

So now the nations broadcaster has booted a 'racist' theyre bringing someone in who openly promotes use of illegal drugs to be involved in a new show.

20200604_191056.jpg

So you're OK with Stu "don't inflict your autistic kids on people" "I haven't benefited from white privilege" Peters being on the radio, but not someone who once made a joke on Twitter?

13 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Same reason I know what Stu Peters looks like even though I’ve never met him in person? Majority of the radio station websites that I listen to has a little biography section on the presenters, I quite like putting a face to a name/voice, I’m sure many others are the same.

I'm not.