Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Just now, HeliX said:

So you're OK with Stu "don't inflict your autistic kids on people" "I haven't benefited from white privilege" Peters being on the radio, but not someone who once made a joke on Twitter?

Doesn't read like a joke to me. From what I can see, he's an arrogant guy this Jordan.

The problem with most people who support the BLM cause is that they don't actually understand it. Just like this Jordan bloke doesn't.

They love the euphoria and the fever they get being in the middle of it. Be it in a protest or on social media.

Stu was slightly misjudged but I still don't think he's a racist. But hey, maybe I'm white privileged.

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

Doesn't read like a joke to me. From what I can see, he's an arrogant guy this Jordan.

The problem with most people who support the BLM cause is that they don't actually understand it. Just like this Jordan bloke doesn't.

They love the euphoria and the fever they get being in the middle of it. Be it in a protest or on social media.

Stu was slightly misjudged but I still don't think he's a racist. But hey, maybe I'm white privileged.

Thank goodness nobody passes judgement on people based on whether you read their jokes as jokes or not.

45 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

If what Stu said is gonna be perceived as racist, we need to stop allowing the Gov to fund trade missions to South Africa to bring people over. I know plenty of Saffies here and if you want racism.. get them drunk and let them rumble.

Stu is always on the border with certain topics and I personally don't see anything overly offensive made.

Just now, Manximus Aururaneus said:

I think that, on balance, Barack Obama is from a more privileged background than me and Mike Tyson is more likely to bite my ear off than I am his. Even so, I bear neither of them any ill will. Best not to express my thoughts in public though.

You're misunderstanding white privilege.

11 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

The one called Jordan. I would be interested to know if he actually lives in the IOM as I heard a suggestion that he doesn’t. So I would hope if there is an investigation the first question asked is who is this bloke and is he a real person who comes from the IOM. I ask as it’s a shit late night IOM radio show and if I wanted to cause a stir for a “cause” it’s exactly what I would probably do. Seek out some shitty third rate backwater radio show where the presenter is an Alan Partridge clone and then crank it up with a few mates. Also there seem to be various recordings circulating that aren’t from Manx Radio so why would people record such a third rate Wednesday local radio show If they weren’t trying to use the content as a stunt? It looked like it was circulating on Twitter within minutes from what I can see. Then detailed written content decrying it all was available on Facebook by the following morning. 

Why does it matter where they are from. It is either acceptable what Stu said or it is not. It does not become acceptable simple because the caller was not from the IoM or become unacceptable because they where.

Defend what Stu said because you believe it is acceptable on a publicly owned radio station not because you can find a reason to ignore. To a certain extent that is why the protests have come about around the world. For to long people have looked to find reasons why they can ignore an issue rather than think it needs to be addressed. Police brutality? Yeah we can ignore because it was to criminals.  

11 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Is it me, but having read the article, Jayne Hughes hardly comes across as sympathetic or empathetic. It could have been argued then, that perhaps she should have tempered her language better. A lot has happened in the 4 years since 2016.

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Thank goodness nobody passes judgement on people based on whether you read their jokes as jokes or not.

Seems that's a one way street.

So we can assume this joke he made about someone overweight is publicly acceptable too?

Its a two way street this respect thing you know? From what I've read online, he's a violent drug user and somewhat unsavoury 'B4DA$$'.

20200604_192043.jpg