Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

I'm pretty fed up with the girl who has been doing the business news on mandate this week. Is she on work experience or an intern?

The subject matter tends to irrelevant, non-Isle of Man or simply dull and she insists on playing music at the start and end of each section, like that enhances it or something.

If she's training, someone needs to give her some guidance.

I'd say everything they do is pop-tastic matey. You're just a grouch who measures a big zero on the pop-ometer.

Amusing one this morning. Eight o'clock news featured the "International" section first, probably because of Brexit day and included Trump etc. Then there was the inevitable commercial. Then she said "now news from further afield" and proceeded to read the Manx news. Eh? What? ermm.gif

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So Manx Radio spend more of their government money on a new on-line directory. Really? Is that their purpose?

it is a stupid concept, government workers running a commercial enterprise never works out well, you would think they would have learnt by now.

So Manx Radio spend more of their government money on a new on-line directory. Really? Is that their purpose?

it is a stupid concept, government workers running a commercial enterprise never works out well, you would think they would have learnt by now.

I don't get it at all. I can't see that it does anything that isn't already done in at least a hundred other places?

What is it? Why should I use it? How is it meant to make money?

I'd love to comment, but Peters will sue me

• Like 1

I'm astounded that it was one of the lead items on their news coverage today.

But if you could kick off a new "business" with tons of free publicity subsidized by the taxpayer who are paying for your other business you would, wouldn't you?

I don't get it at all. I can't see that it does anything that isn't already done in at least a hundred other places?

What is it? Why should I use it? How is it meant to make money?

A new online directory, I wish I'd thought of that idea! www.google.com

Edited by Douglas Prom

This is going to be fantastic, we have not had a manx radio online car crash for a few years watching this slam into the wall like MR + and manxradiott365.com will provide much entertainment and a useful distraction from anything actually newsworthy.

Well just had a skeet, and yes it is not as shit as manxradiott365.com but it is still pretty shit and pointless. Fail to see how it is powered by radio, it just looks like some badly skinned free classifieds web template.

Looks like it's powered by bullshit ....