Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

What's the joke there?

You seem to have a beef with Stu Peter's which is making you post bitter nonsense.

Same as most of the haters. They are either jealous or ignorant of his sense of humour and generally being a nice, well liked guy.

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

Seems that's a one way street.

So we can assume this joke he made about someone overweight is publicly acceptable too?

Its a two way street this respect thing you know? From what I've read online, he's a violent drug user and somewhat unsavoury 'B4DA$$'.

20200604_192043.jpg

"Violent drug user"?

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Same as most of the haters. They are either jealous or ignorant of his sense of humour and generally being a nice, well liked guy.

Ah yes, a nice guy who makes awful comments about autistic people and their parents. A nice guy who laughs at people's personal experiences. A nice guy who's commentary on a rape victim was "what did she expect".

Lovely guy. Really jealous.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Why does it matter where they are from. It is either acceptable what Stu said or it is not. It does not become acceptable simple because the caller was not from the IoM or become unacceptable because they where.

Defend what Stu said because you believe it is acceptable on a publicly owned radio station not because you can find a reason to ignore. To a certain extent that is why the protests have come about around the world. For to long people have looked to find reasons why they can ignore an issue rather than think it needs to be addressed. Police brutality? Yeah we can ignore because it was to criminals.  

Where he lives is a question because it looks far too like a stunt to me. I’m not supporting Stu Peters by the way. I’m just saying the woke folk are trying to create publicity for their forthcoming protest and there is no better way to do this than set up some Partridge-esq tit like Peters and then blitz a social media campaign on the back of the false “outrage” 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Manximus Aururaneus said:

I think that, on balance, Barack Obama is from a more privileged background than me and Mike Tyson is more likely to bite my ear off than I am his. Even so, I bear neither of them any ill will. Best not to express my thoughts in public though.

Fair comments. However if you suggested that because Obama came from a more privileged background than you that was evidence that white people where in general not in a more privileged position than their black counter parts or that because Mike Tyson bit somebody's ear it was evidence that all boxers were likely to do that it would plainly be absurd.

• Like 2

Just now, NoTailT said:

He admitted affray.

He smokes illegal drugs.

What did I said that wasn't factually correct?

You wouldn't frame "guy who might smoke pot based on jokes he makes who also once had a bit of a scrap" as a "violent drug user" if it were someone you didn't have a problem with, would you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Because it looks far too like a stunt to me. I’m not supporting Stu Peters by the way. I’m just saying the woke folk are trying to create publicity for their forthcoming protest and there is no better way to do this than set up some Partridge-esq tit like Peters and then blitz a social media campaign on the back of the false “outrage” 

People who feel passionately about BLM phone in to their local phone-in show when it's about BLM and you see a conspiracy?

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

You wouldn't frame "guy who might smoke pot based on jokes he makes who also once had a bit of a scrap" as a "violent drug user" if it were someone you didn't have a problem with, would you?

I'd say is about anyone in the same position. You're literally highlighting the very problem about this nonsensical argument by trying to make out that I'm isolating him. You wouldn't be bothered if Stu if he was directing misjudged comments at another race, right?

You're dismissing it as a joke, but it really doesn't read like that.

Hes got media fever and hes acting arrogantly. As I said to you earlier, respect is a two way street.

Edited by NoTailT

2 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Fair comments. However if you suggested that because Obama came from a more privileged background than you that was evidence that white people where in general not in a more privileged position than their black counter parts or that because Mike Tyson bit somebody's ear it was evidence that all boxers were likely to do that it would plainly be absurd.

I agree. But then again I happen to think that the whole thread is pretty absurd. People are People, every one of us, end of.

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

I'd say is about anyone in the same position. You're literally highlighting the very problem about this nonsensical argument by trying to make out that I'm isolating him. You wouldn't be bothered if Stu if he was directing misjudged comments at another race, right?

You're dismissing it as a joke, but it really doesn't read like that.

Hes got media fever and hes acting arrogantly. As I said to you earlier, respect is a two way street.

I'd be bothered whichever race Stu Peters was making his comments about. Except white maybe, at least he'd not be punching down.

It doesn't read like a joke to you. It looks like a way to frame an amusing gif to me.