Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

he's a violent drug user

Victim blaming. Let's look at why your calling him violent. The guy gets racially abused in a take away place, gets understandably annoyed, gets into a scrap, has half his ear bitten off and then gets smacked over the head with a plank and is still standing (which explains his Twitter handle because that is pretty badass). What would you have done differently if you were in his shoes?

As for drug user according to his own status which you pu posted he had one joint in a year which doesn't really qualify him as a regular user now does it.

Why attack Jordan? Why deflect from the subject at hand? Stu was clumsy with his comments and has previous. At a time when racial tensions are high because they are being highlighted by the situation in America he should have had a little empathy and a lot more tact. 

• Like 2

EDIT* We are receiving some very abusive messages in support of the Manx Radio host in question. Please be assured, we do not tolerate abuse of our staff and anyone displaying such behaviour in private messages will be blocked from the page*

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=147477966890044&id=106684497636058

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Victim blaming. Let's look at why your calling him violent. The guy gets racially abused in a take away place, gets understandably annoyed, gets into a scrap, has half his ear bitten off and then gets smacked over the head with a plank and is still standing (which explains his Twitter handle because that is pretty badass). What would you have done differently if you were in his shoes?

As for drug user according to his own status which you pu posted he had one joint in a year which doesn't really qualify him as a regular user now does it.

Why attack Jordan? Why deflect from the subject at hand? Stu was clumsy with his comments and has previous. At a time when racial tensions are high because they are being highlighted by the situation in America he should have had a little empathy and a lot more tact. 

It shouldn't need pointing out, but Jordan also didn't make his Twitter posts while being paid with taxpayer money to broadcast an island-wide radio show.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I haven't made any argument that compares fat sea animals to the 9/11 terror attacks.

What's alienating about BLM?

If photos like this from the London protests don't cause issue with you, then I'm at a loss.

Attacking police officers on British streets and gathering in masses amongst the current pandemic is totally irresponsible.

pri153527831.jpg

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

If photos like this from the London protests don't cause issue with you, then I'm at a loss.

Attacking police officers on British streets and gathering in masses amongst the current pandemic is totally irresponsible.

pri153527831.jpg

Few, sporadic violent protesters don't nullify the bulk of the protests.

4 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Because I think we all need to accept that yes there are problems with discrimination within our community and globally. The death in the US recently is disgusting.

BUT, there is quite clearly a 'fever' in the air where people have an arrogant stigma about them. They don't actually understand the BLM movement and its roots, they just want to feel involved and they're creating murky waters for the movement and I have a firm feeling that Jordan is just one of these people.

It doesnt make Stu's misjudgement in this climate correct. But nor is mass protesting at a time everyone is being told to stay safe and not is attacking police officers.

Read the mood and deliver the message. Stu didn't do it. Jordan is clearly an arrogant 'fever' participant. Neither is right and rewarding Jordan with a show of some description to me isn't the solution, nor would I deem him the right credible person on our Island to help deliver the correct messaging to drive forward equality either.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Where he lives is a question because it looks far too like a stunt to me. I’m not supporting Stu Peters by the way. I’m just saying the woke folk are trying to create publicity for their forthcoming protest and there is no better way to do this than set up some Partridge-esq tit like Peters and then blitz a social media campaign on the back of the false “outrage” 

The woke folk have overslept, weren't the majority of demos this week? 

Todays Mannninline Line programme had many emails and texts on the Stuart Peters subject, but none where used. You could hear the editing process taking place as Mr Wint started to read an email out then dropped it mid-sentence.

Only near the end of the hour did he do a bit of 'house keeping' on the subject so why didn't he read the messages at this stage?

If this had been on any other media outlet the airways would have been yours to use. Manx Radio censoring their own story is beyond belief and should be referred to the Communications Commission for lack of balance. The BBC always talk about their own short comings knowing it is the correct thing to do.

Its unlikely that the late show will ever take callers on air again – so what can you do?

If you are thinking of going to the Friday Manninline to talk about the situation, and unless the Managing Director is in the studio to answer all the various questions, here are a few things to remember:

If ringing in you will most likely be told you can't go on air, excuses will be used that there is an inquiry in place. Unless charges have been made, and something is before the courts I understand you are entitled to free speech. Suggest you record any conversation you might have with the telephone operator/producer, who appears to be a daughter of a MLC.

If emailing suggest you cc in your MHK.

If you make it on-air don't get too carried away, its the only station in the British Isles that still hasn't got a delay system in place. Don't let Wint cut you off!

• Like 1

Just now, Gladys said:

The woke folk have overslept, weren't the majority of demos this week? 

isnt the IOM protest planned for 8th June? Last I saw over 500 signed up to attend.

If it goes ahead, its a real discredit to those key workers who fought to keep us safe and healthy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

They might be and I am not particularly in favour of their protest. I think it is pretty pointless and I wish that rather than protest in support of all black lives matter, which is not really something we are directly affected by in the IoM, they protested against abuse and discrimination in the IoM and highlighted what was going on here. I think or at least hope that was possibly the point that Stu was initially trying to make but basically ballsed up with some pretty crass arguments.

Hopefully it will be a big woke-up call for Stu Peters and Manx Radio.