Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

37 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The well-meaning but naive white guilt and masochism that we're seeing here is rushing into its arms.

Meant to address this point as well.

I do not suffer from "white guilt".  I had nothing to do with the slave trade nor the oppression of any other races so I have nothing to feel guilty about.  What I do have is empathy for fellow human beings who suffer injustice or hatred simply because of the colour of their skin.  I don't feel bad about the life I lead as I try my best to treat everyone equally with respect.  I would hope that when I see injustice or hate that I challenge it and call it out for what it is.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The word is EQUALITY. It includes opposition to all the  isms and phobias against minorities.

over the years I’ve represented ( as duty advocate ) more than one Manx person on public order offences where they’ve screamed at South African whites for being here and taking “our” jobs.

'Equality' is so very, very subjective. It's as nebulous as life itself.

For example, there are eloquent and convincing arguments for Universal Basic Income - now that is equality right across the board. And yes, that will entirely envelope the issue at hand.

Not many people - John Wright included I am sure - would want that sort of equality.

Edited by gettafa

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Eh? The UK supplied much of it. It was a significant part of the UK economy in the 16th+ centuries. "We" were as much a part of it as those who benefitted directly from slave labour. 

It's not called slavery anymore - it's called National Minimum Wage. And it doesn't care what colour or race you are - so there's progress for you!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Eh? The UK supplied much of it. It was a significant part of the UK economy in the 16th+ centuries. "We" were as much a part of it as those who benefitted directly from slave labour. 

Eh?

Who doesn't know about the UK's contribution to shipping slaves from Africa to the Americas?

I'm not going to bother trying to explain the rest.

23 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Meant to address this point as well.

I do not suffer from "white guilt".  I had nothing to do with the slave trade nor the oppression of any other races so I have nothing to feel guilty about.  What I do have is empathy for fellow human beings who suffer injustice or hatred simply because of the colour of their skin.  I don't feel bad about the life I lead as I try my best to treat everyone equally with respect.  I would hope that when I see injustice or hate that I challenge it and call it out for what it is.

It's got NOTHING to do with skin colour.

1 hour ago, WKRP said:

12.17 So far not a mention of the Stu Peters affair on the Manninline, yet people are writing in. Why are Manx Radio censoring the conversation?

Because the matter is under inquiry, and you know it.

This whole Stu Peters thing is crazy. Please consider some of the outrageous things that a person could have said on air. Think about that.

Someone has considered whatever was said by Stu Peters as 'yep, that'll do - Gotcha' and the word has gone out: hang, draw and quarter him,  guilty until proven guilty, let's have a Facebook fest and a party.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, WKRP said:

12.17 So far not a mention of the Stu Peters affair on the Manninline, yet people are writing in. Why are Manx Radio censoring the conversation?

There you go.....just being discussed now.

Edited by gettafa

19 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Eh?

Who doesn't know about the UK's contribution to shipping slaves from Africa to the Americas?

I'm not going to bother trying to explain the rest.

What about the active opposition to the transporting of slaves that had been imprisoned by Arab traders in Africa to the Americas.  Started by the British and delivered.  Read up on William Wilberforce, he and the abolition of slavery used to be taught even in some primary schools before the Snowflake English hating teachers arrived and concentrated on creating a feeling of totally unjustified guilt in life who have taken that nonsense into today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rog said:

What about the active opposition to the transporting of slaves that had been imprisoned by Arab traders in Africa to the Americas.  Started by the British and delivered.  Read up on William Wilberforce, he and the abolition of slavery used to be taught even in some primary schools before the Snowflake English hating teachers arrived and concentrated on creating a feeling of totally unjustified guilt in life who have taken that nonsense into today.

You're crackers.

No one is asking you to feel guilty, all you're being asked to do is acknowledge that some people have a harder time than you or I due to their skin colour, not be a racist, and not to be a dick.

3 really simple things that are absolutely no hardship whatsoever. 

Only one snowflake here pal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Lots of discrimination that goes on worldwide has everything to do with skin colour.

Probably, but justified discrimination is based on different evolutionary paths taken by different races.