Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

8 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

You're crackers.

No one is asking you to feel guilty, all you're being asked to do is acknowledge that some people have a harder time than you or I due to their skin colour, not be a racist, and not to be a dick.

3 really simple things that are absolutely no hardship whatsoever. 

Only one snowflake here pal.

Stating the simple truth that all races are NOT equal is not being racist. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

A discussion on racism featuring ROG.

No wonder people post stuff like this

They revert to name calling on Twitter too.

It's always a nasty sign.

Edited by gettafa

2 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

Also you'd have to be incredibly thick to reveal your underlying bigotry in an explanatory note?

It always boggled my mind with that lesbian couple who were refused a rental property years ago, surely the bigot who owned the house could have just lied about the reasons for non renewal of lease and nobody would be able to prove otherwise. 

If someone turned down my application for a job, the last thing I would want to do would be to engage in a forensic enquiry as to the whys and wherefores of the knock back. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction, and I can't think of a more pointless endeavour. My overriding emotion would be: "Your loss!" I've employed people of varying ethnicity. In ALL cases it's based only on judgment concerning who will be best fit for the job. That isn't always necessarily the best qualified or the most intelligent. Many factors are taken into account, but not their ethnicity. I'm convinced that this is the case with the overwhelming majority of employers. Aside from any racial considerations, surely it is only self-interest to employ the right person for every position.

As for the landlord and the lesbians, he must have been a principled bigot who couldn't bring himself to lie. Or an idiot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, woolley said:

If someone turned down my application for a job, the last thing I would want to do would be to engage in a forensic enquiry as to the whys and wherefores of the knock back. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction, and I can't think of a more pointless endeavour. My overriding emotion would be: "Your loss!" I've employed people of varying ethnicity. In ALL cases it's based only on judgment concerning who will be best fit for the job. That isn't always necessarily the best qualified or the most intelligent. Many factors are taken into account, but not their ethnicity. I'm convinced that this is the case with the overwhelming majority of employers. Aside from any racial considerations, surely it is only self-interest to employ the right person for every position.

As for the landlord and the lesbians, he must have been a principled bigot who couldn't bring himself to lie. Or an idiot.

I've asked for feedback from most of my non-successful job applications (well, those that got to interview anyway) and always found it very useful.